Linen service extra fees after booked reservation

Jenn6063
Level 1
Gambrills, MD

Linen service extra fees after booked reservation

Hello community. 
I am still pretty new to hosting. 
here’s my current situation. 
I own a str unit on areas that typically does not offer linens or beach or bath towels. 
My listing specify that the rental does NOT included Linens or beach and bath towels sets (wash clothes hand towels or bay towels) 

however a guest asked if I would provided these amenities via a local linen rental company.  
I contacted the linen rental company and they do provide discounts for property owners with str units.  
I reserved the designated linens for each  bed in the unit and towel service for the 9 guests.  The linens and towel sets are delivered on checkin day and then picked up on check out day.  
Before contacting the guest back, I contacted airbnb and  asked how the payment request would work. 
I explained the entire situation and that I get invoiced and need payment in full ON ADVANCE of the rental rdatw.  
Airbnb.supper told me to request the amount via the app and state then it’s detailed in the chat messages on airbnb wirh the guest.  They further said once I do this - the customer will be charged and as soon as they pay the fee, the money is transferred to me in advance since it must paid be in advance of the actual rental in order to receive the linens and bath sets prior to the guests checkin date.  
airbnb support assured me that the payment - once paid would be paid out to be immediately.  
so I sent a payment request for the amount and they paid it right  a way.  They sent a message via the airbnb messages with screen shot that the requested amount for linens and bath sets was in fact paid in full. 

howevee airbnb refuses to release the money doe rhe sheets and towels now. 

Is this right? If so how can avoid this happening given that my way to provide these services is through a third party rental 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jenn6063 Airbnb never release money until the stay has started. I suspect the agent was confused with what would happen AFTER a stay had finished. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Jenn6063  In business, it's a common practice to pay money and get reimbursed subsequently. If the guest already paid, the money will be released with your payout. I'm not seeing a problem here. It's the way business works. Are you saying you can't front $XX for this service, and collect your funds with the AirBnB payment? 

You might want to think about supplying your own linens for an extra fee or raising your nightly price, or providing the names and contact information of several linen services to your guests upon booking, and letting them make their own arrangements for linens. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"They further said once I do this - the customer will be charged and as soon as they pay the fee, the money is transferred to me in advance since it must paid be in advance of the actual rental in order to receive the linens and bath sets prior to the guests check-in date."

That makes no sense because that would mean that any pre-expenditure you incur because of a request made by the guest, can be paid to Airbnb and then to you before the reservation is even fulfilled. Suppose it isn't?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jenn6063 

I just wanted to check in and see if there were any updates on this?

Thanks to @Kia272@Fred13 and @Mike-And-Jane0 for popping along to give their thoughts and advice.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines