Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Kieran4
Level 1
Melksham, United Kingdom

I have a similar issue in that I only have a photo and good history in Linkedin but when I offer to use that for verification I get a Linkedin page that says "Invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API key"

As that is all meaningless to me, it kind of suggests that the AirBNB programmers have goofed. However, there's no way one can actually ask them.

Anybody know what the solution to this might be?

Lenka5
Level 2
Děčín, Czech Republic

mee too. the verification process never goes through. airbnb does not react to my support tickets, only automated email reply arrives. as I see here, airbnb does not follow its own community help center here and does not communicate with its users here either.

dead end here.

Lenka

Heidi90
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I had the same problem (getting hung up in the verification process) in March of 2017. I chose the path of verification where you put in your name, address, phone, and last 4 of your social. Then it asked for online verification and I tried using Facebook. I received the same "Not enough account activity" message and was asked to add Google or LinkedIn, neither of which I had. I tried to go back and use the other pathway, where you use your passport or driver's license to verify, but every time I went to the verification page, it just landed on the page where I could connect Google or LinkedIn. So I made a google account, but when I tried to verify with it, it would not even load the page -- I tried this on my phone and on my computer. Finally, I found a phone number (not on the main section of the airbnb main website, but here in the community section). It took 4 tries, a dropped call after 13 minutes, and finally a 20 minute wait until I got a person. She was wonderful, though. She listened to my rant, then walked me through several steps to try to verify the account. She encouraged me to try linking the Google account again, and it finally worked -- I had really thought that a new Google account wouldn't work. So I don't know if she really did anything at her end, but at least I was able to get to the place where I could do it. She also answered a few other questions that I had. Here is that number if anyone else wants to call: 855-424-7262. Toll free.
Lisa484
Level 1
Hamilton Hill, Australia

Hello,

I am also trying to get verified.

I have received "unfortunately there's not enough activity in your profile to verify" so I am then asked to upload a video and a picture- but there seems to be no way to submit this video for verification? I can review the video and retake the video but I cant upload the video to the verification centre? Is there some button missing or is the verification in progress without telling me? Really frustrating interface - spent two hours trying to log on via a google account and now after all these hoops I am still in the dark if anything is progressing? PLEASE HELP!????

Lenka5
Level 2
Děčín, Czech Republic

if your account is in this "middle-of-nowhere", then the systém knows it. But it is not designed for this scenario to inzeract with you. Users do not know if airbnb is working on yor account verification or it is in a broken state.

I canot remember exactly and cannot reproduce what I did, because my account is fixed. But:

Go to Help ont the right top, search for your topic. You will get to Help center. Then aomewhre ať the bottom the systém asks you if you need more help

Or IT was in the account setting, verification.

Yi-Ting1
Level 2
Taipei, Taiwan

I'm having problems verifying my scanned passport. Is there a catch or something? Any help?

Julie412
Level 2
New Zealand

I would like to get out of this conversation but cannot understand how to ??? any ideas.

Kieran4
Level 1
Melksham, United Kingdom

Top right. (Options) then (Unsubscribe) is probably the way to go. I'm going to try it now too 🙂

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julie412,

@Kieran4 has given you good advice of how to stop receiving notifications from this thread if you had clicked 'Follow this conversation' to subscribe originally. If, however, you just clicked 'email me if someone replies' when you posted in this thread, in order to stop receiving notifications you need to go on your Community Profile, click 'Community settings', 'Subscriptions & notifications' and 'My subscriptions'. Here you will see a list of all of the threads you are following. You can simply check the box next to the threads you no longer wish to follow and under 'Email subscription options' click 'Delete selected subscriptions'.

I hope that makes sense!

Kirstie

Shonalee0
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as Tracey.  My trip is in 2 days and I can't book anywhere or even read my messages (I messaged a few host since I couldn't book online re the verification problem).  

Now I can't even see the replies to all these frustrated posts on how to solve the problem.

Please help!

Shona

Stella51
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I have the same problem I've tried numerous times. It's driving me crazy wasting so much time.

It rejected my Facebook saying it wasn't used enough! Probably because I use it to send private messages and not hours posting stuff.  I neither want or have gmail or linkedin.

I eventuallymanaged to upload a video 48 hours ago. It says verification from that takes 4 - 24 hours but I've not heard anthing and no one to email to sort it out.

I then noticed there was a button that said 'disconnect' I thought if I clicked on that it would change to say 'connect' to let me try it again after posting some stuff on Facebook - but it's disappeared completely!

Please please someone tell me how to get someone at Airbnb who can verify the video.

Eva198
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Having the same problem, it's not accepting my social media accounts and it's been more than 24 hours since I uploaded the video. I'm not even sure how I'll be able to tell if it worked or not. This whole process is just really frustrating.

Hi Eva,

I am having the same issues. I do not have the social media accounts so I completed the video over 12 hours ago. I have since had 2 bookings cancelled. I have spent hours tyring to search how I can get this verified to no avail. I cannot even find an email address to contact customer support. This is very frustrating as I booked the first two bookings with no problems and this has occured on the 4th.

Regards,

Georgia

Sam167
Level 1
London, Canada

I tried sending a video verification and Airbnb is taking way too long to verify it. I only have 2 hours left to verify and I sent the video right away when I booked the trip. Can you please verify me because I do not wanna lose my spot for this weekend. 

Dmytro2
Level 2
Ukraine

what an ugly and  ridiculous experience!!  i cant verify id for more than 24 hours! has anyone managed to complete it .. ever? passport, driver license ... nothing accepted.

are you making fun of us?