[Updated March 25th] Extending our series of global listening sessions this week

Airbnb
Official Account

[Updated March 25th] Extending our series of global listening sessions this week

We know it’s a really difficult time for our community. Whether it’s disruptions to everyday life, your hosting income, or concerns about the safety of you and your family, the coronavirus has affected us all.

We also know how hard this pandemic has hit Airbnb hosts.  While we have been working behind the scenes to develop programs to help you, we want to open more lines of communication to gather and leverage your feedback and ideas. We’ve hosted over 20 listening sessions in the last three weeks, and we’re scheduling ten more in partnership with our community managers here to listen, ensure your feedback is taken into consideration, and give you ways to connect directly with us.

What you can expect: Our team is working around the clock to find ways we can support you through this time. And we want your feedback as we evaluate what will be most impactful. 

More than anything, we want you to know that you’re not alone. You’re part of a global community with all of us here at Airbnb and tens of thousands of fellow hosts.  So we hope you’ll join us. 

Here’s the schedule:

Please register for the meeting directly in the meeting links below (instructions to join a zoom meeting here).
Due to system limitations, this will be on a first come first serve basis. Registration will close 24 hours before the call.

Wednesday March 25th

Italian language listening session at 5:00PM CET. Meeting link here

Spanish language, hosted from Spain listening session at 5:00PM CET. Meeting link here 

French language listening session at 5:00PM CET. Meeting link here 

English language, hosted from US listening session at 5:00PM EST. Meeting link here

Thursday March 26th

Spanish language, hosted from Mexico listening session at 5:00PM CST. Meeting link here

Portuguese language, hosted from Brazil listening session at 5:00PM BRT. Meeting link here

Korean language listening session at 5:00PM KST. Meeting link here

Japanese language listening session at 5:00PM JST. Meeting link here

Friday March 27th

German language listening session at 5:00PM CET. Meeting link here

English language, hosted from UK listening session at 5:00PM GMT. Meeting link here

Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and feedback so far. If you have any other constructive ideas on how we can come together please do share them below. 

If you would like to talk generally about COVID19, please visit our dedicated CC board here, which our task force will continue to monitor. 

80 Replies 80
Adriano78
Level 10
Seville, Spain

@Ocean50  you are right.

the more the days pass and the more it is a real masquerade, the host does not need a coc*-and-bull story.
The more the days pass and the more the hosts lose thousands of dollars.
We need support now !!!!

Agree, we have multiple listing, this is what our family does is the full Airbnb host, what are we gonna do? we are not gonna make!

Paul60
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Can I ask a favour please - do you mind stop referring to this as a 'community'.  We're not a community given Airbnb just stabbed its hosts in the back.  We're not even friends - lets face it.

Airbnb are Snakes.

That being said .. this company will always make the same kind of decisions, so the solution I am working on is to host and list my rentals using another company that has not offended it's business network .. the only logic solution I can think of. Anyone did some digging what other companies as booking.com are doing? 

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/blog/news/coronavirus/

A while different planet this is ..

@Bart206 

If you no longer wish to travel and wish to be reimbursed for your booking, you should consult your travel insurance provider, as we regret we are unable to refund non-refundable rates.”

If only...

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Airbnb @Steve2542 @Paul60 @Adriano78 @Ocean50 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0

@Ute42  and others

It's those at the top of World Health Organization (WHO) must be held to account.

We all live in countries with different standards of health care and in general terms so should not be having rammed down our throats some of the stupid lock down and scare tactic practices they have inflicted on us.

Look at who is in charge and where these people live.

It's not rocket science to see there's agendas for financial funds.

Ethiopia where Tedros Adhanom Grebreyesus is from is not comparable to our countries.

There is also high levels of corruption in Ethiopia that some were caught up for in the last 18 months.

He also had close ties with Robert Mugabe when he was alive and got his role through the use of a US PR firm, Mercury Public Affairs

Of course diseases spread through communities as we all "travel" on a day to day basis going about our lives. We all know to do basic things like washing our hands and must be mindful some countries simply don't have the necessities of life and there's a huge difference between those who have and those who don't.

It was enlightening to hear & see first hand how those living in Nigeria as an example, an African country, from a Guest who is in New Zealand from Nigeria for work with EY the lack of sanitation there, especially in comparison with NZ and other countries standards.

The whole situation is beyond a joke how it's been handled world-wide for a society in 2020.

Where is their 2020 vision and most importantly, common sense?

"Society does not repose in Isolation"

@Helen427  thank you! you resume the situation very well

@Adriano78feel free to share with your media and others as Spain has been hit very, very badly.

Warmest wishes and may this nightmare comes to an end fast

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Thanks for the update @Airbnb 

Our little New Zealand has just joined the total lockdown apart from essential services which as a frontline health worker I welcome.  
So for the next four weeks  all travel is restricted therefore I imagine unless it’s an essential worker wanting to book nobody should be booking anywhere in NZ.
Everybody needs to stay home and be safe. 

We will get by with packages put in place by our government.

We have to!

Because the alternative is too terrible to even think about. 
I hope our world recovers.
Money doesn’t really seem important right now to me. Will re-evaluate in a month.

Kia Kaha 

@Ria16 

Very envious of New Zealand's response to this global crisis. Thats what good leadership looks like! Sadly our leadership in Australia has fallen very short of the mark where once...we were warriors too.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Marlene323 She gave such an amazing speech this afternoon. I hope we can nail this xx

@Ria16  I think you guys might have the best head-of-state of any country in the world..

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Sarah977  I think we all cried today . I wanted it but still reeled from the shock of it.

Take care   Xx ((( virtual hug))) 

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Marlene323  Nothing to be "envious" about.  Aussie is in lockdown also.  And we were never warriors (in the Maori sense or common application of the terminology), unless you call the convict settlers warriors.   All politicians are cut from the same cloth, no matter where they sit on the political spectrum.  And I notice your listing has disappeared, not the action of a "warrior".  Your place seems (seemed) ideal for people seeking refuge.