Guest Reviews

Deanne60
Level 1
Spring Lake Park, MN

Guest Reviews

We had a guest stay that snuck a pet into the pet friendly property. I suspected they had a pet based on the hair in the vacuum and the partial bag of pet bedding left outside. After the time you can change your review, I was able to confirm with my neighbor that they had a dog with them, unfortunately it got caught up in the fence. I sent a message to them requesting our pet fee be paid and explained that I suspected it while cleaning and confirmed while speaking to the neighbors that told me he got caught in the fence. We got no response from the guest. 

My question is, how do we let other hosts know that this guest snuck a pet into the property? If I had a not pet friendly property, I would be even more angry that they did this.

1 Reply 1

@Deanne60  Unfortunately if your review has been published, the window of opportunity to alert other hosts is already closed. And collecting fees or enforcing rules after a stay is over is nearly impossible - the guest has no incentive to pay, and Airbnb is unlikely to back you up.