New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,927 Replies 1,927
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Gwendolyn62 , Thank you so much for sharing a little bit about you and hope everything is going amazingly with your listing😍! Would you like to share with us , what inspired you to start Hosting?

-----

Hi Bhumika and everyone else! Wanted to introduce myself. I'm Noah from NYC! I'm a host here in Brooklyn, and I'm also a tour guide! I'd like apply to have my tours on Airbnb Experiences, but it's been paused for a while now with ETA on when it'll open again. Does anyone know why it was paused exactly and when they plan on opening up for hosts to publish tours? Thanks!

Hi @Bhumika and everyone else! Wanted to introduce myself. I'm Noah from NYC! I'm a host here in Brooklyn, and I'm also a tour guide! I'd like apply to have my tours on Airbnb Experiences, but it's been paused for a while now with no ETA on when it'll open again. Does anyone know why it was paused exactly and when they plan on opening up for hosts to publish tours? Thanks!

Sarah5572
Level 2
Entebbe, Uganda

Hi everyone 

my name is Sarah Nakibule I’m from Uganda which is in East Africa 

I am hosting from Entebbe 

It is nice to be here 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Welcome to the Community Center @Sarah5572 🌻! We are so glad to have you here!

-----

Airbnb love.Airbnb love.Thanks for the gift, it fits perfect with my style of dress.

Stay safe,
Lean into the wind gently
James3777
Level 2
Hayward, CA

Hello, my name is Jim Clark.  My wife and I host our family cabin in the lovely town of Twain Harte, which is in the Sierra Mountains of California.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Welcome @James3777 !! How are you? I was looking at your lovely cabin and noticed how spacious and amazing it is. I am sure many of your guests would be appreciative of your listing.

-----

I’m from Virginia (USA).  I’m not much of a chit-chat person, and am somewhat withdrawn from social contact because of a vocal impediment.   We have a lovely, peaceful spot here in the Shenandoah Valley and love it very much.  
Best regards,

Elaine

@Elaine-and-Michael0 A pleasure to meet you. We are AIRBNBers from NYC area. Only about a year so far. Welcome! 
Curtis and Sabra

Nice to meet you Elaine you live in a beautiful part of the country, how long have you been an Airbnb host?

My name is Ande I live and work in central Florida I have been a super host for 3 years : )

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Andrea6917 and @Elaine-and-Michael0, we are delighted to have you in our community.

Congratulations to both of you on achieving Superhost status 😊. I'd like to offer a quick tip to enhance your participation in our community: when replying to someone, don't forget to tag them. You can do this by using the @ symbol followed by their username from the dropdown menu, ensuring they receive a notification of your message 🙂

I look forward to reading more of your contributions in our community.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi everyone

my name is Juan Nakibule I’m from Uganda which is in East Africa

It is nice to be here

Juan
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Juan4697 ! Welcome to the Community Center. How are you?

-----

Hello all my name is Deanna Davis I am from Palm Springs California.  I own a Luxury Mobile Spa, we provide in home  spa  to Airbnb guests. We also offer event setups, catering services, and co-hosting. I joined Airbnb a couple years ago and I’m happy to be here.