Resolution Center Payouts

Jane1083
Level 2
Tybee Island, GA

Resolution Center Payouts

I have reached out to AirB&B multiple times regarding this and I am sure I am not the only one that has this issue. I manage eight different properties for 5 different owners. Of course, each has their own bank acct associated with their listing where their payouts go. My problem is; when I have a resolution for a particular property, say I request $100 pet fee from Property A, that payout has to go into a "default account" not the account/listing associated with the resolution. Why? I can't set one owners account to be the default account because then all of the resolutions would go into or out of that one account. So, I had to set up my own account as the default and now I have to separate and keep track of what amount for what listings I have to pay out or pay myself back. WHY IS IT SET UP THIS WAY? If I request a $100 pet fee on Property A, why doesn't that $100 go directly in that properties account?

MAJOR headache! I even got a survey about this several months ago and thought they were changing it, but it hasn't changed. Anybody else have this issue and have a better way to handle?

19 Replies 19

@Jane1083 

I was not aware of that and I was a Co-Host for an owner with 2 properties (2 different listings). Yup...that needs to be changed for sure. Not sure what their logic would be in using a default account instead of the bank account connected to the listing. The only thing I can see is that whenever you do a resolution request it seems to go to a 3rd party software format? So maybe they are using a vendor to perform these functions instead of a native Airbnb landing page (similar to the Host Guidebook) 🤔. Perhaps that is the limitation?

Hmm...perhaps that is it?? It still seems like they should be able to correct that because we know there have to be more people in the same situation. I can't tell you how many phone calls I've made to them about it to no avail. I don't know of anything else to do to try it get it elevated to the right people. If you think of anything....please let me know! It makes me want to not use the platform.

@Jane1083 

Maybe one of the CC Managers can forward this to the appropriate team as this seems to be a big problem for many Hosts and lots of tax implications too?

@Paula , @Sophia , @Rebecca , @Quincy , @Bhumika 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joan2709 and @Jane1083, thank you very much for sharing this in our community.

I will make sure to pass this information on to the relevant team. I will keep you updated if I hear back from them. It would also be a good idea to share this through the official Airbnb feedback page.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

That would be great. I believe I have posted it on there in the past but I will do it again.