Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Tax on air B and B in Morocco

Sally1088
Level 1
Forest Row, United Kingdom

Tax on air B and B in Morocco

Hi 

I have a couple of rooms in my house in Morocco I would like to do air B and B in but I don’t understand what rules and regulation are that need to be satisfied in reference to tax and being legally open,it all seems a bit complicated.I live in the uk most of the time.

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sally1088, great question! It’s always smart to gather all the necessary information before starting your hosting journey.

Perhaps local hosts like @Umar15 or @Mouad28 could offer some support as well.

In the meantime, here’s an article that provides key insights: Business Licensing and Registration in Morocco.

I hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Mouad28
Level 2
Fes, Morocco

Hello @Sally1088 ,

I wanted to let you know that there is currently no specific tax on Airbnb income, but it is mandatory to report guest information to the local authorities. There are two forms to fill out for this.

Additionally, there are concierge services that can handle property management and . However, these services are only available in major cities for the time being.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Mouad

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

how lovely to have a place in Morrocco whereabouts is it. I love it there @Sally1088 

You would also need to talk to a UK accountant who's familiar with the Moroccan taxation  scheme re dual taxation for any income earned