2 adults and 2 kids accomodation - how to avoid getting 4 adults booking?

2 adults and 2 kids accomodation - how to avoid getting 4 adults booking?

I have an apartment for rent on Airbnb that has one queen sized bed and one fold out couch.  So the apartment is good for 2 adults and 2 kids maximum.  I can set the number of guests to 4.  But, how can I make sure that I am not going to get 4 adults checking in???? 

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Isabella266  what size is the mattress? If it's 140x200 cm it is fine for 2 adults. You may write the size in your coutch photo caption and somewhere in your listing's description if you think it's important.

If you think the mattress is too thin you may give them a topper

Thank you for your suggestion. We would not like to have four adults in the apartment. Is there a way to specify this somewhere? 2 adults and the possibility for one or two children over age 5?

@Isabella266  

guests are divided into adults, infants 0-2 y.o. and children 2-12 y.o. so you cant set it to 5+ y.o.

you can say it in your description and your house rules but we all know guests don't read. Even if you turn off the instant booking you will still get requests for 4 adults or infants and if you decline too many requests you will be penalized.

I would suggest to set your listing for 2 adults and don't mention your pull out sofa at all to prevent smuggling unregistered guests and infants

Thank you ever so much for your advice! Kind regards, Isabella 🙂