24 hours notice for bookings

Christine166
Level 2
Launceston, Australia

24 hours notice for bookings

Hi, I just had a guest make a booking arriving today at 2pm.  When I set up my profile, I thought that I had indicated that I need 24 hours notice.  This is a tad inconvenient for me, but I will go with it for this one as I havent had many guests throught yet.

Can someone please let me know where to adjust this (if possible).  I am on instant booking.

Thanks

Chris

17 Replies 17
Michael-and-Regina1
Level 2
Fairmont Hot Springs, Canada

We just had this happen to us  as well!  Guest booked at 10PM night before for next day check-in - 'twas a late night on our end! Usually we wouldn't have approved  a stay of this nature, but  guest had  19  5-star reviews  and was only scrambling himself as prior host cancelled on them last minute. Wish AirBnB was clearer on what "1  day notice" really means, as we clearly assumed 24 hours  prior to check-in time.  

You can't assume it means 24 hours it means you get one day's notice and then the guest can check in the following day in line with whatever your check in time stipulates @Michael-and-Regina1 

@Michael-and-Regina1  It really should say 1 night advance notice, because that's what it is. It just prevents same day bookings- a guest can't book on Monday, for Monday check-in. But can book anytime before midnight on Monday to check in Tuesday.

If you want to make sure you get at least a full 24 hours notice, you have to set advance notice to 2 days, which is the setting I use.