4 Star Ratings

David1873
Level 2
Dunedin, FL

4 Star Ratings

Are guests given any education in that their thinking that they're giving a host a very good rating by giving 4 stars, when in the Airbnb world, a 4 star rating would strip a host of their Superhost status quite quickly,and  put the host out of business, and that a 4 star rating is almost statistically impossible to recover from??  This is a cultural difference too, because in Europe 4 stars is just great!  This leads to our great European guests thinking their doing us a favor - and they could in fact be devastating us and put us out of business.   

3 Replies 3
Naz275
Level 3
London, GB

That's a very good question.  

I'm a new host and I have had three 5 star reviews so far.. I currently have a guest staying and I'm worried they are going to rate me down due to the fact they felt cold on day 1 even though the temperate is 22 degrees.  They spent New year's eve out in the cold for several hours so came home feeling cold. Not my fault.  Since then i have them extra blankets and a heater.  I knocked and also gave them hot water bottles for bed time..when I opened the bedroom door it's like a sauna! Surely they can't expect it to be hot and toasty all day like that.  

Technically I should give them a low rating as they are inconsiderate in the bathroom with splashes everywhere and unreasonable temperature demands all for £15 each per night.  

A 4 star rating will be unfair. 

@Naz275  work with me here. Brits and Europeans think 3* is as described, no problems. 4* is way better than expected. and 5* reserved for the booking you have never had yet.

Airbnb needs to get a grip of the different cultures who use it's platform.

Maria568
Level 5
Stanthorpe, Australia

I don't think guests know about the consequences ... I try to tell them ..My guest gave me all 5 stars in the categories and 4 star overall ,, so annoying,,, she recognised that she made a mistake , she is extremely happy ... can she change it ?