A guest contacted me on the day of the booking to advise she wouldn't be staying but he would

A guest contacted me on the day of the booking to advise she wouldn't be staying but he would

A guest contacted me on the day of the booking to advise she wouldn't be staying but her husband would - but he is not verified. Being a single female I like to review my guests before accepting them. He has now arrived (at 1am) and is rude - can I get him to leave? 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura2988 

If the guest is not the person who made the reservation, you are not obliged to let the guest in.

I understand the guest does not even own an Airbnb profile. If you feel uncomfortable with the situation better contact Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Laura2988 yes, this is a third-party booking and it is against their policy, you shouldn't even accept it. But you can contact Airbnb and have them cancel the reservation. I would also invite some male friend or relative if you are scared since 1am is not exactly the best time to cancel a reservation. Are you too uncomfortable to wait until the morning?