Acceptance rate problem

Robert613
Level 3
Laurinburg, NC

Acceptance rate problem

I just discovered that our acceptance rate is lower than the Airbnb average. My problem with this is that our only non-acceptance requests are those that are outside our guidelines. We accept bookings up to 24 hours in advance. Rarely can we accommodate a same day reservation. What good does it do to have a guideline if we get dinged when a customer either doesn’t bother to read it or wants an exception? I would think that a declined reservation under those circumstances wouldn’t count against the host.

6 Replies 6
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Robert613 ,

hope you are well.

If you go into the listing you can change the cut of for booking to be the day prior as done in the photo below.

Once done this should block any last minute bookings and can be adjusted to anywhere between same day (with a specified time cut) and up to 7 days! 

Hope this answers your question and have a great day!

Yadira 🙂

CC269D77-04D7-4BDC-A15E-B57A5D1E42B1.png

@Robert613, "At least 1 days notice" will block out your calendar after midnight for that day. In your case, I would select "At least 2 days' notice." You will not get requests for bookings within 24 hours of check-in so there will be no need to decline.

That doesn’t seem to be the case. Just yesterday we had a request at 9:30 a.m. for that same day. They also wanted to check in within an hour (more than 4.5 hours ahead of posted check in). Needless to say we declined. If Airbnb blocks after midnight, we shouldn’t have gotten the request.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks for the advice. We appreciate it ‘

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sorry- I only mention the above as it seems that it may not be active if you have put this into place. So my advice would be to check it as normally it blocks any dates outside of your desired timeframe. We have had this happed to us as welland only realised then. 

If it’s been done then i would imagine it to be a technical bug- and would suggest you contact Airbnb directly about this! Thanks @Robert613 🙂

Robert613
Level 3
Laurinburg, NC

I went back and checked my settings. I didn’t realize there was a question that asked if people could still request within the 24 hours. I changed the setting to “no” which should solve the problem. We have found that when we have accepted last minute reservations, it was rarely a good experience!