Account Deactivation HELP !

Answered!
Shannon322
Level 2
Richland, WA

Account Deactivation HELP !

I am so confused! My account was deactivated and no one will tell me why! I reached out to a few hosts in Playa Del Carmen (through Airbnb)asking if they had more than one unit available in the same location for the dates we needed. It was hard for me to tell if units were in the same building looking at the map because even though some were the same hosts, the map pins were in different locations. We are a large group and either needed ONE big unit or TWO units in the same bldg.
I did ask if they did have two units was their a price break for renting them both. 
Again, all of this communication was through the Airbnb website and I did not think asking questions was against the rules.
I love using Airbnb and am so sad and disappointed that this is happening without what I feel is a valid reason.
I have tried several times to reach out and find out what is going on only to be told that someone will contact me in 24-48 hrs (which never happened in that time frame). 
I would love a chance to try and explain any wrong doing Airbnb feels I have done. It would be nice to be able to actually speak to someone about it instead of just generic emails with no information.

1 Best Answer
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Shannon322 that's terrible! In your shoes I would keep trying. Or just use a different listing service. Most vacation rentals appear on several.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shannon322,

Maybe it is a temporary deactivation. Asking questions (inquiry) by using "contact host" textlink on the listing is not uncommon (preferable do not use the booking form if you only want to ask something). Maybe a host complained or flagged your profile. You can contact Airbnb in several ways:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

If host owns more units in the same building it can useally be detected by looking at the listings in the host profile or on the host homepage.  The indication on the map is indeed not a good resource for this.

Best regards,

Emiel

Shannon322
Level 2
Richland, WA

Here is the email I finally received...

Hi Shannon,

We wanted to reach out to you regarding your Airbnb account. After a routine review, we regret to inform you that we are no longer able to support your Airbnb account due to violations of our Terms of Service. You can find additional information about our Terms of Service here

As a result of this determination, we have permanently deactivated your account. Please note that any upcoming reservations will be canceled for a full refund and all affected parties will be notified. Additionally, further account support will no longer be available.

For more information about account deactivations, please visit:

We hope you understand that this decision is exercised at our sole discretion and that we are not obligated to provide an explanation as to the action taken against your account, nor are we liable to a user in any way with respect to deactivating or canceling his or her account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Respectfully,

Charlie

Real pleasant!

I don't use Airbnb often so I may not have asked the right questions or looked up properties in the manner they like, but I would have hoped they would have reached out and asked me about it. I have booked with them before and had good reviews so I just don't understand.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shannon322

OK, it says "after a routine review" , so it seems something else has caused this decision.

As stated, they are not obliged to give explanation, so i fear this is it...But you can try.

Maybe another person in your group can try to book in "Playa del Carmen" for the group.

Best regards,

Emiel

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Shannon322 that's terrible! In your shoes I would keep trying. Or just use a different listing service. Most vacation rentals appear on several.

HELP!  My account was deactivated this morning.  It is simply gone from view.  To get into the system I've had to set up a 'dummy' account.  I received a review from a recent guests and I can't even rate them or respond to the review because my account has been deactivated.  The people I got on the phone this morning before my account was deactivated were of no help.  Since my account has been deactivated it is impossible for me to even speak to anyone on the phone.  Can anyone suggest how this situation can be rectified.  I spoke to a friend who is a superhost and she is astonished that something like this happened and that I can get no help. @Janet986