Additional Prices

Carole398
Level 1
Granada, Spain

Additional Prices

Hello Community,

I just booked a place in France for over a month, and in his welcome email, the host tells me there will be additional charges to pay upon arrival (like utility bills and the city tax that are not included in the booking). Althought I usually read everything before booking, the host tells me that these addtional fees were mentioned under the "Prices" section, but I didn't see it and still can't. What's weird is that I do remember seeing this section before, where you could see the discounts, cleaning fees, and so on, but it is no longer there, on his page. Nor any other pages. It's like it disappeared. Is there something wrong with Airbnb website? Or with my computer maybe?

Also, since I learned about these addditonal fees after booking a long term rental, I can't cancel without loosing the money I paid for the whole month. Is there a way to cancel this booking since I wasn't aware there was more to pay upon arrival (even though the host says it is written there, but I can't see it)?

If anyone can help, I'd be very greatful. Thank you!

Cheers,

Carole

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Can you do the free cancellation within 48 hours, or if it is no longer on his listing ask to cancel penalty free as extra charges are being requested post bookings.

Hate hosts who do this. Should be included in the base price.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Carole398 If your free 48 hour cancellation window has passed, contact Airbnb and explain that the host sprang charges on you after you booked that you can't find mentioned in the ad. If they can find that, ask them to send you a screenshot so you see where it's buried. They may let you cancel and get a full refund if it wasn't mentioned.