Advance Message

Brian248
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Advance Message

Are we able to schedule messages for a particular time based on our updated calendars for guest check in's in advance? Can this use our template messages as well? The link to the calendar will cancel the scheduled or message if the guest cancels.

8 Replies 8
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Brian248,

Can you rephrase the question?  I'm not sure what you are asking.

@Hilary-And-Ed0 are you familiar with boomerang for gmail or email? It schedules emails in advance to send at a particular time. 

I want to be able to schedule ahead of time messages to send to a guest. Internally in the Airbnb app would be ideal, not using third party unless it is able to link to the calendar like the app properly does.

@Brian248 I don't think this is possible yet (unless some tech genius host figured out to link the app to another scheduling program yet but I haven't heard of). Most people try to be as available as possible so this might not be something in high demand.

You can, of course, pre-type and save your message in the app so then it'll only take literally 2 seconds to send it.

Will you be off-line for a long time? Is there a particular reason why you need this feature?

@Monika64

The app https://www.getproperly.com aleady does link the calendar. Using API's isn't that advance in the tech field (no genius needed).

It may take two seconds, but when you're full every night with with one day bookings for two different airbnb rentals, remembering and sending those messages can add up in time. I plan to have a 3rd rental too. AirBnb can complete this feature request and im sure there are many others who would feel this would be very useful. 

@Brian248 I could only see one listing under your profile (hopefully I have the correct info, I'm only using my phone now) so I didn't realize you are dealing with multiple listings. 

@Monika64I manage my parent's AirBnb account, but that is irrelevant to this Airbnb app feature request.

Has anyone tried AirGMS? It's supposedly free for 1 rental.

Andrew217
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

I used to have a similar issue, and I stumbled upon an amazing (and surprisingly affordable) service that handles auto responses of all types. Smartbnb allows me to send customized messages on a set schedule for each booking and is surprisingly effective. Simply put, my guests LOVE the prompt replies. Smartbnb changed my life and has saved me a ton of work and hassle, and you can check out the service at this link: https://smartbnb.io/messaging. The service is incredibly reliable and has served me very well! 🙂