Airbnb Citizen

Michael257
Level 3
Largo, FL

Airbnb Citizen

I encourage all to become activists in the protection, support and regulation of our community. The following is a letter I am sending to Congressmen with the purpose of support for SB 824. I hope you may find it useful and inspiring.

April 9, 2019

Mr. Jeff Brandes,
Thank you for taking the time...
 I am 71  years old and have owned this home for approx. 25 years. This is an historic Florida home built in 1887 and my partner, 78 yrs. old and I have nearly totally restored it. We love sharing it with others and most importantly assuring its survival for generations to come. We are proud, law abiding citizens of this community and have worked with others with substance abuse problems for decades. We lost income during the meltdown in 2007-8. Four years ago we converted a large garage and now have a successful Airbnb operation. Without this, we would not be able to afford/live in this house or to continue to be contributing members of our communities we serve. Our house, grounds (many garden areas/patios, etc...) nor our wonderful Airbnb cottage would exist with our ability to have this short term rental option. Although age has taken its toll, we are still able to do all the work here by ourselves, with joy and love fueling us and guiding our way. We continue to live from month to month financially, while maintaining A FICO score hovering around 800. Neither of us has ever defaulted, claimed bankruptcy or failed to pay our bills. As important, is what we add to the community, our Pinellas County tourism efforts/success - the dollars generated, and our own sense of well being. We are independent, happy seniors who do our best to be the best we can be. I ask you to support SB 824 thereby protecting our property rights while implementing policies that address preserving the quality of life in our communities with a modicum of regulatory necessity. Thank you for your efforts and your service.
Most Sincerely,
Mike Wilson

0 Replies 0