Pre booking questions

Moby0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Pre booking questions

So gutted that pre-booking questions feature is bei g retired! I so much want to know why people are booking, it just gives me peace of mind. What do you guys think. 

7 Replies 7

@Moby0:
No one ever answered my three questions anyway. Several even messaged asking where the questions were so I removed them after a couple of months.

Hi,

I got the message from AirBNB as well and so of course went to look for my pre-booking questions so I could then add them instead to my pre-booking message as per the request:

We noticed that you currently use pre-booking questions,a feature that we‘ll soon be retiring.
Since we know the first conversation between you and each of your guests is important, you’ll still be able to ask guests the same questions in your pre-booking message.

I cant actually find where I have any pre-booking questions stored or where there is a pre-booking message. So I am unsure if I have any or if this is just a generic email that doesn't apply to me.

I then went to AirBNB updates and of course there is nothing on there about the emails they are sending out to people about this change.

Can someone please explain what they mean:  is it questions that I have stored somewhere on my listing are being removed, and I need to now add these questions to my pre-booking message (which is also stored somewhere on my listing).  Or do they just mean the conversations that we have before people they book?

The fact that what they are doing is so confusing again shows me that they still have no idea of how to communicate with people clearly and don't seem to care how much time it wastes trying to work out what they are talking about.

thanks for your help:)

Hi @Michele and @Moby0 

I dont' have a problem with the questions themselves going, BUT they have also decreased the message size, so it's very hard to say anythign meaningful in your pre booking message.  I got the same email as you seem to have done and I went in to fix as directed, BUT none of the changes I am making are saving. I have tired de selecting the question and they just re appear when I press save. Ditto my welcome message. 

Re how to get in and alter...

Go to your listing

Select booking settings

Select  edit  on Guest requirements

SCroll down and it's in a section on Guest trip information

There is a character limit.

Teh whole thing is being tinkered with ay airbnb at the moment and is constnatly playing up - I have had several issues over the last few weeks.

Hope that helps

Regards

Hi Michele, 

I experienced the same problem:

I'm Niko.

I've been an active host on airbnb for almost a year.
Today I receive an e-mail from the community (email.airbnb.com) with the admonition that I often ask questions to prospective guests before they book. However, the fact is that I am solely and solely answering questions from those who ask them before they intend to make a reservation.
I feel wrongly criticized and wanted to reply directly to the e-mail. This was not possible.

Is there an answer from an experienced community member?

Together with you, I am looking for a  competent answer

Best regards

Klaus W. Skarke (Niko)

Bonnie201
Level 2
Blaine, TN

I agree the comments above. I list on Vrbo also, and do not all these unnecessary changes that Air B&B continues to impose. 

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

I like to leave a hand-written note for my guests upon arrival (it's a self-contained suite with separate entrance), and have found these questions to be useful in personalizing the notes, as I ask what brings them to town. Sometimes guests will answer, which helps me to plan for their stay. I had guests once who were moving to town for new jobs and they were a few days between homes. I gave them a bottle of champers (ok, sparkling wine...I'm not that much of a spendthrift) and a "welcome to the newest steps on your journey" note. It's a pleasure and a privilege to be a small part of guest's life changes.

Often, though, people don't bother to answer the questions. I do find it a bit awkward to include the questions in my "thanks for booking" message, as it seems somehow a bit more intrusive to ask after they've booked. This is my own issue, likely, and I'll just need to wrap my head around wording a new "thank you" message.

I have yet to receive the email everyone is discussing though. I guess it's just a matter of time. You'd think that an automated message like that would be rolled out simultaneously - at least to hosts in the same region. Odd.