Airbnb Collecting Tax Yet?

Answered!
Nikko0
Level 2
Oakhurst, CA

Airbnb Collecting Tax Yet?

Has Airbnb started taking the TOT taxes from guests in the Oakhurst, California area and if so where can I find that info? I've searched my dashboard but haven't found anything. Thanks for your attention. 🙂

Nikko Mizuno

1 Best Answer

@Nikko0, you can check yourself to see if AirBnB is collecting the tax.

Go to your Host Dashboard and select your "Calendar" page.

On the Calendar, select an unbooked day. On the right side of the page the details of the day will appear.

Scroll the right side info until you see the "What do guests pay?" link.

Click on the "What do guests pay?" link and you will be able to see the exact pricing a guest would see.

If that price information includes your local taxes, then AirBnB is collecting them for you.

If not, they AirBnB is not yet collecting them.

I looked at your listing and it seems that AirBnB is indeed collecting Occupancy Taxes for you.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Sandy137
Level 1
Denver, CO

My issue is that I will pay the tax in Mexico through my accountant. So quite sure Airbnb will not be sending  a check to the Mexican govt or the city where we have our house. I do want to collect the tax

from the guests would be reflected at the time of booking.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I go about that?  Thanks for any advice you might have.

Hello,

did you ever get the answer on how to collect the taxes?  I want to collect from guests and not pay it myself but can't figure out how to do this Airbnb's site.  Thanks.

Diane-And-Neal0
Level 1
Tronadora, Costa Rica

I have the same question for my rental in Costa Rica.  There is a 13% VAT in effect now.