App logged me on an incorrect account

Margarida51
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

App logged me on an incorrect account

Hi,

I’m having a big problem with Airbnb and frankly I’m frustrated because I don’t know how to get my money back.

When booking a stay, I logged into my account on my partner’s ipad, it was the first time logging in there (we had to download the app), and I wrote my credentials in. Since I had already linked my email with my facebook account, the app recognized my email and asked me if I wanted to log in through Facebook, to wich I said yes, and it logged me into my account (I’m sure of that because I saw my profile picture). 

We made our booking, I paid through paypall, and to my confusion the confirmation page did not have my name on, but my parter’s ex girlfriend. 

I ringed the accomidation, wich told me to try and resolve it with airbnb, that said it was the owner of the account that had to resolve the issue (you can imagine why that’s not ideal), so I tried to dispute it with paypal, to wich they said it there was not an unauthorised activity, therefor I cannot get my money back.

In the middle of all this my partner also canceled the booking on that account (no refund) and deleted all of his keychain saved loggins from his ipad.

In my prespective this only happened because of a bug in the airbnb system, because I definetly logged in with my credencials and it had my profile picture after the loggin process, so there was nothing telling me that wasn’t my account. 

I don’t know where to go from here and I’m hoping this forum can enlighten me on how to resolve this issue.

0 Replies 0