How do guests get away with not reviewing hosts?

Answered!
Marissa80
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

How do guests get away with not reviewing hosts?

Hello, airbnb community!

I had a guest that didn't reciprocate a review, and I get why she didn't because she knows I was not going to leave her a "super guest" review! However, she didn't get to see that I was not going to leave her a bad review either. Now, other hosts will not know anything about my experience with her and I think it is unfortunate guests are allowed to choose to NOT review hosts. I'm really annoyed about this! 

Any feedback or insight for me?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marissa80  @Linda1689  this thread is really confusing. Linda- are you Marissa's guest? 

All submitted reviews are published. If only one party submits a review, it will be published 14 days after check-out. If both parties leave a review, they will both be published as soon as they are both submitted. 

I really don't get where so many people get the false notion that reviews are only published if both host and guest write one.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marissa80 

Every review written is published, wheter the other party writes a review or not.

So i do not understand your post,as your review about the guest will be published anyway

I will check again but I do NOT see my review on your profile page.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Marissa80  Agreed with @Emiel1. I have seen the misconception many times in this forum about one side review will not be published.

Here is Airbnb's policy about reviews.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

Has this ever happened in Airbnb history? 

I do not see her review, and I get a message that says my review will be public once she review us. So, I am confused. I've gone to see her profile and our review is NOT there.

@Linda1689  Yes, that message is just part of the story. The other part is it will be shown after 14 days unless she reviews you before 14 days. The review will be shown immediately after she reviews you.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Marissa80  @Linda1689  this thread is really confusing. Linda- are you Marissa's guest? 

All submitted reviews are published. If only one party submits a review, it will be published 14 days after check-out. If both parties leave a review, they will both be published as soon as they are both submitted. 

I really don't get where so many people get the false notion that reviews are only published if both host and guest write one.

Marissa80
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

Sarah, I am Linda's co-host! No need to be confused. 

If only one party submits a review, it will be published 14 days after check-out. (That is the key, and I didn't understand. I'm sure it was the way it is articulated.) If both parties leave a review, they will both be published as soon as they are both submitted. 

Thank you, everyone! That solves that...

However, now this guest's profile doesn't show that I gave her ONLY 1 star for cleanliness.

😕

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marissa80 @Linda1689 

'now this guest's profile doesn't show that I gave her ONLY 1 star for cleanliness.'

It will show exclusively to Instant Book hosts.

I don't do IB so have never seen the * Ratings for any guests.

I don't find it an impediment as my make my own judgement as to whether to accept a guest.