Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Bad host experience.

Ruth187
Level 1
Les Houches, France

Bad host experience.

Hello,

Does anyne know where I stand/what my rights are as a disatisfied guest?

I have made complaints to the host but didn't put a complaint in with airbnb in the 24 hour period allocated?

We still have 10 more days of a monthly rental (husband and me and 2 children plus family pets).

Accommodation is so old nothing works (bath, hot water upstairs but downstairs small shower ok), have stayed in on 2 occassions to meet electrician and thn wifi man. Even the kettle is broken!

Last night the kitchen flooded...I am taking photographs of everything, but can I make a claim through airbnb for some sort of reimbursement or am I too late (or is it at the hosts discretion)!

Thank you in advance.

Ruth (Airbnb host)

5 Replies 5
Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

@Ruth187 tell Airbnb you have to leave for a family emergency ie (death)

that always works 

Hi Bruce, Thank you for reply.

Whilst I did actually have a family funeral I had to leave for last week, I don't really want to make a false claim.

I have 2 young children and pets and I was wondering more if anyone knew if we were in a position to make a financial claim?

Kind Regards

Ruth 

Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

So do you want to leave or do you want to be compensated for the inconveniences? You could cancel the remaining nights of your stay and go elsewhere and accept the cancellation policy of the host. You could contact Airbnb and ask them to re-home you and give reasons. Or you could go to a hotel. 

Ruth187
Level 1
Les Houches, France

Hi,

Thank you for message.

I suppose I wanted to know if there was a way to make a claim on the property and have some money returned?

We are difficult to re-house because we have pets (cat and dog that hosts agreed to).

We are moving into a new place on the 31st but wondered where I stood with such a crappy experience?

Ruth x

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Ruth187

Sounds like a very cheap place to stay? One usually gets what one pays for, I'm genuinely astounded that the listing is in such a state of neglect.

One would wonder why the very stringent star rating system has not closed the listing down.

Cancel the booking and find a more suitable listing for your family and pets.