Block dates months forward

Charlie16
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Block dates months forward

Hi there,

I need to block dates into the future, but can only do so up to a certain date.

Is it best to open the calendar to allow booking at any point in the future, and then block all dates, or is it better to keep the booking period shorter, and then block the dates further down the line, as the weeks roll along?

At the moment I block dates, but they come open as every day three months ahead, as dates become active, as people can book up to 3 months in advance.

I'd like to block off dates a long way ahead, and then release them. I guess the ideal solution would be for the default setting to be that dates are initially blocked, and then I can unblock them as needs be - is that possible?

Regards,

Charlie

5 Replies 5
Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

@Charlie16 go into your calendar, click on a date and then select two dates. Go to the window that pops up in the right corner and change the year to a year or two from now. This will block all dates and then you can unblock as needed. Alternatively, go to the listings setting, the availaiblity options and select the optin where guest can only book out 3 months in advance (you options are 3, 6, 12 months ahead)

Ok, will try that and see if it works... thanks for the input!

Best, Charlie

That doesn't work. 3 times now dates I block well in advance subsequently - weeks later -- become unblocked as soon as they hit the window of booking ( which I set at 6 months.) This occurs even if I manually unblock the entire month then block the dates or if I just block the dates.. 

I'm pretty sure this just happened to me too!  I wrote a feedback report about it and will monitor more closely and file a bug ticket if I can confirm that this is definitively happening to me.

I just realized that when I went to re-block the dates, it switched my initial "blocked" selection back to "Unavailable until ... based on your 6 month booking window" -- I then *re selected* the "blocked" setting and did save -- that might be the key step.. if you didn't notice that, then your dates weren't actually blocked, even though they sure look blocked (I filed a bug ticket to have them use a different color for the "unavailable" vs. "blocked" setting).  I'll see if they stay blocked..