Blocked dates and price changes

Answered!

Blocked dates and price changes

Hi All, I was wanting to change my prices for a month so went into calendar and selected the date range and updated my prices, not realising that this also seemed to unblock any dates I had manually blocked. This appears a disaster waiting to happen.

is there a way to update prices for a date range without it impacting on your block days that may fall within the date range that you are changing prices for. I assume there must be as it's a pretty basic requirement.

1 Best Answer

Yes @James566, you can suggest it in the Host Voice section of the forum. Here's the link: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#featured. Click on "Share your idea". Best of luck! Karen

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @James566 - unfortunately, there really isn't a way to do that. Once you start editing prices, it opens all the dates up and you have to go back and block the ones you want blocked. It's a good idea to keep an eye on your calendar regularly as there have been glitches where previously blocked dates have become unblocked for no apparent reason. (They may have fixed that glitch, haven't seen anyone complaining about it lately). Always good to do a regular check though, just to make sure everyhting is as you want it. Hope that helps, Karen

Hi @Karen-and-Brian0 thanks for that, will keep an eye on it in future and will only do ranges that don't include blocked dates. Seems  like it could cause a lot of problems. Is there somewhere that we can request them to fix it so that can update one without affecting the other, given they charge us for cancelling bookings then they should see it as a priority, anything that reduces need to cancel bookings. Thx James

Yes @James566, you can suggest it in the Host Voice section of the forum. Here's the link: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice#featured. Click on "Share your idea". Best of luck! Karen

Hi @Karen-and-Brian0 , ok thanks, I have now raised it in the host voice area.