Blocking someone from making a reservation

Amy-Kimberly0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Blocking someone from making a reservation

Some person tried to make a reservation to my place. Before accepting I usually like to chat a bit to get a feel for the person. However this guy sounded strange, he was less interested in my apartment but rather when he see me. His profile is also very new (Nov’17) and he doesn’t have a profile picture, I told him sorry my bad, my place is actually not available on those dates after all. I clicked decline and provided a reason to Airbnb that this person made me feel uncomfortable. Well he just sent another reservation request for a few weeks later! 

Question:

1) if I decline him again now, will I get penalized? 

2) how do I block someone from booking my place if I feel something is off about that person? It’s a personal safety issue so Airbnb should understand that and protect their members. 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Amy-Kimberly0 ,

So maybe this time report and block the guest:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

best regards, Emiel

Thanks so much! I’ll do that right away.

Joan241
Level 2
Olney, MD

I tried to "report" a profile and never got the opportunity to "block" them from booking again.   It just went straight to "thank you" and never gave me the opportunity to block them from instant booking.  How do I block someone?

David2762
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

I have got a guest who left the place in a mess. No damage, but did not follow the house rules and left the remnants of a big night.  Since they have already stayed the "Report" click does not work so I cannot block them from booking again.  The only way I can stop them booking again is to change the booking settings so that everyone has to send a booking request instead of instant booking.  Seems a poor Airbnb policy that we cannot block someone who has stayed.

@David2762 I have blocked past guests from the message board. 

@Amy-Kimberly0 I just had to block a man who was very aggressive in his messaging. I don’t accept same day requests and he wanted me to override my protocol and let him just show up at my door.  

Once again, Airbnb's website has failed us.  There always so many issues on this site. I went to block someone and got a message saying that page isn't working right now.