Booked for a week and hasn’t turned up.

Nick563
Level 1
Southwick, United Kingdom

Booked for a week and hasn’t turned up.

Hi, 

We received a instant booking on Thursday last week but the lady hasn’t turned up. 

Orignally I had to ask what time should we expect her, she replied saying 2200-ish. I stayed up past midnight waiting & received no message. 

She messaged at 6am the next day saying she had a migraine. 

But she has done this for many days now. 

Please can you help. 

3 Replies 3
Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Nick563  I suggest opening a ticket with CS to let them be aware of the situation, that way if she asks for a refund you have a better chance of getting paid.

Paige73
Level 6
Lansdowne, PA

@Nick563 I agree with @Beth80, send a note to airbnb. If she tries for a refund they'll see she wasn't trying to contact you. I had a couple similar ones. One guy booked for 9 days, but didn't show til day five. Another woman booked for 4 days and left never to return after the first day. With day five guy I sent him a $5 a day refund for utilities he didn't use and a note saying I hoped the rest of his travel plans went more smoothly. I wrote the woman who left, she was here for a family reunion and her cousin insisted she stay with them. Sent her the same refund. Maybe some folks actually understand that asking for a refund when their plans change isn't reasonable. But be proactive. And don't panic, anything could have happened. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nick563 @Beth80 @Paige73 

Nick,

Paige seems to have misread your comment, which conveys that Guest has messaged daily.

If that's correct, as long as the messages are via the Airbnb 'Conversation', I wouldn't be pro-active to contact CS since the evidence would already be there if necessary.

If Guest wants to apply for refund, you can either negotiate with her something; and if not successful, Airbnb can mediate and make the final decision.