Breaking rules (extra guest)

AnaPaula3
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Breaking rules (extra guest)

I found out that the guest who left my apartment last week added 1 extra person without my authorization and concent, and didnt pay the extra fee I charge for extra guests. How can I charge her this fee she owns me?

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @AnaPaula3,

You may be out of luck now.  It seems that it is past the 48 hours after check out time to make a claim but you could request this payment through the resolution center and if the guest agrees to the charge, Airbnb will charge their credit card.  The question is though, do you think they will accept the extra charge?

Here is a help guide on using the resolution center: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request...

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Always ask enquirers how many guests will be staying - believe it or not some people don't use the drop down box to tick the number (by mistake) - particualy those new to AirBnB. We have had this happen a few times and it was clear from their conversation that it was him and his wife, for example. When pointed out, they were a bit embarrassed and changed it straight away. It's not always done on purpose...but of course it can be too.