Bringing in new hosts in Rio de Janeiro-Brazil?

Lucca0
Level 1
Bologna, Italy

Bringing in new hosts in Rio de Janeiro-Brazil?

Hello AirBnB community,

I'm a 23 years old medical student from Brazil currently studying in Bologna/Italy.

When I first arrived in Italy in august 2015 I had to look for a place to stay and ended up renting a room on airbnb for a few days. Long story short, at some point I started to need money and then the idea of hosting came up. Since then I hosted more then 30 guests, people from all over the world, from China to Burundi and it has really helped make this year the most special in my life. Airbnb for me now is much more than a source of income but it changed how I see the world.

Now I am an airbnb lover 🙂

I'm probably going back to Rio de Janeiro in September and I'm going to rent one of my rooms there on airbnb aswell. When taking a look on airbnb in Rio I was surprised by the lack of english speakers, good photos etc

My idea is of helping people I know and friend's friends to create a good airbnb profile, a multilanguage advertisement, creating english local guides to the guests, improving decoration and taking better pictures (some of them scare me). That would create more options for foreign travelers coming to Rio (I had conversation with some europeans that couldn't rent an airbnb on rio because of the ugly pics, ads only in portuguese etc)

Now I'm wondering if is there a possibility of becoming an airbassador in Rio. Do you guys have any idea if it exists in Brazil?

Peace,

Gibelli

2 Replies 2
Carla325
Level 2
Armação dos Búzios, Brazil

Nice. I am in Buzios. If you need anyhelp from here let me know. Great 

Bryant9
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Hello Lucca! I am looking to becoming a host in Rio, but I am not too familiar with the renting laws in Rio. Would you be able to point me in a direction on where to look up renter bylaws, or lend me some advice?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bryant