Broken Rules and Feedback

Broken Rules and Feedback

Good Morning-

We have a guest checking in today and normally we are absentee owners. Today we happen to be here. 

The guest has a reservation of 4 people and our Rules have a maximum of 5 people allowed in our home.

They just had rental bicycles delivered and we see that there are 6 adult bicycles now here. 

The question is if we ask them about it and inform them of the rules and possibly enforce the rules are the guests allowed to leave negative feedback for us once their trip is complete?

I do not want to be a pushover because I have to fear negative feedback.

TIA!

1 Reply 1
Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

Hi @Tyson-And-Marie0 

I recommend contacting the guest to clarify the number of guests - given that 6 bicycles have been delivered (perhaps there has been an error  benefit of the doubt).  

Then it is up to you - if you are happy to receive all 6 adult guests, you could send an additional payment request to the guest to cover the additional 2 adults.  Or you can contact Airbnb regarding breach of rules and proceed to an agreed cancelation.  I would suggest the first option i best to be firm about hosue rules while also reducing the risk of a negative review.  

Hope that helps!

Adam