Broken link in App - Message button does not pull up message centre

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Broken link in App - Message button does not pull up message centre

I updated the app for iphones yesterday. Today, the message link does not work.

Go to Calendar to bring up Calendar Overview, Select the reservation to bring up the Guests Reservation, Select Message to get NOTHING.

thanks team

13 Replies 13
Joshua116
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

My message button is not working either when I go to calendar, click on a guest, and press message. This is a critical way that I message my guests before check in. Mine hasn't been working for a few days now and I'm really disappointed that they haven't fixed it yet. 

Mine too! You're not alone.

Make sure you alert the help center so they know there's others with this problem.

You-House0
Level 3
Bangkok, Thailand

Thanks for posting you guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one! 

I suddenly am facing 3 issue and I don't think they are related...

1) in the iOS 11 app the message button does nothing when pressed except change color. slightly. haha

2) from Oct 31 to today my main payout method, PayPal, stopped! right now I have 47 transactions waiting (Oct 31 to Nov 13)

3) on the Windows version, I can't find any way at all to see who I need to write a review for. 2 previous methods have disappeared this month:

a) on the host dashboard under alerts - gone!
b) on the host button drop down, reviews, reviews by you - gone!

so now I have to carefully watch my email and save any email that says "write a review" and click the button inside the email. I also can look in messages on the iOS version and a box "write a review" will appear next to people needing a review, but messages on iOS are only reliable for a few days. after a few days some messages can't be seen any more - it seems to jump back dates, skipping some. 

Hope these are all being worked on!

😄

Anna965
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I too have the same problem - I can reply to messages that I’ve already received but am unable to instigate a message by tapping on the booking on the calendar like I usually do. Am hoping my guests who are due to arrive tomorrow don’t think I have forgotten about them

Ashley26
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Me too, and have reported to Airbnb 4 times in the last 2 days. Received new requests I can’t reply to (and can’t see their messages either - just accept or deny; message button isn’t working) and now I can’t even see previous messages!!! If this dings me on response time I may lose my mind. Super frustrating! Other than reporting as bug in app and calling, is there anything to do? Really hate that these people think I’m just not responding to them! 

Adam286
Level 1
Warsaw, Poland

The same problem. It’s very annoying if you have to deal with multiple reservations. 

Tadas1
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

Same here

after updating the app button became irresponsive. Reported this bug, hope it eill be fixed

Blake37
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Having the same problem have reported to Air bnb also

Jayne8
Level 2
Hereford, United Kingdom

So frustrating!!! I don't get any text or emails, just push notifications of booking requests. At least I know that I am not alone.

Christine698
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I am glade I am not the only one has problem, called Airbnb.  They suggested a couple of methods but still doesn’t work.  

Mark524
Level 3
Volcano, HI

Same here. I reported it via Twitter, but they had no clue what I was talking about. Told me to uninstall and reinstall, which of course didn’t work because their app is broken!

then then Matt from their customer experience team messaged me through my Airbnb app and asked all the same questions .... then disappeared and I haven’t heard from him in 18 hours.

in the meantime, I can’t communicate with upcoming guests via my phone and have to be at home on my computer. They should at least recognize there is a problem (and do something about it!) Looks like this has been going on for many days.

Elizabeth537
Level 1
Aurora, CO

I’m having the same issue on my phone and my iPad. I also work full time so it’s critical that I be able to use the app to message guests. I just reported the issue to the help center but I’m surprised that the issue hasn’t been fixed yet.