Calendar not showing blocked dates

Cynthia249
Level 2
Maidenhead, United Kingdom

Calendar not showing blocked dates

Hi,

The last few days I’ve noticed my calendar isn’t showing the days I had manually blocked out. When I do a search as a guest I can see the dates I blocked are indeed blocked but why can’t I see this easily on the calendar?

Currently when I look at my calendar it’s all white, I only know what’s blocked when I click on the dates.. ps this is on the app, I haven’t tried to look at this on my laptop as I use the app 99% of the time.

I have logged out and back in, deleted the app and reinstalled but still the same. I did update the app about 2 days ago not sure if this is connected. 

Any help or advice will be appreciated. I will add a screenshot if possible.

4DFC97D6-3488-45AC-B3D1-714AAA722CD6.png

93 Replies 93
Mags1
Level 2
Burton Bradstock, United Kingdom

I too have the same problem. What if we don’t have a PC to connect to and can only use the app ?   I do other bookings and need to be able to see all dates blocked ou not only air bnb ones.   Any help greatly appreciated 

Michael1524
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

I too am having this issue. 

Teck-Vee0
Level 2
Western Australia, Australia

same here... No one carries a laptop everywhere. Can't manually block now since we can't see previous bookings from other platforms.. and BNB is not answering any queries anyway. Normally use BNB calender to manage all bookings. Maybe need to switch to different platform calendar for the time being..

I spoke with Support and this is a known trouble they are working on. I was able to verify this morning that the trouble is in the latest update. My iPhone auto updates. My iPad does not. Trouble was on my phone but not on iPad this morning. Then I updated the iPad. The trouble appeared on the iPad w the download. Wha wha wha.

Very unnerving but ALL of the things in this app seem like magical changes over the last 4 years. I am impressed when any of it works. 

Still want a fix though. 

Neil103
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue and have contacted Airbnb support - they mention it’s not recorded as an ongoing issue but clearly this forum raises it as a bug so it should be something they look at for the next update.

At least if you go to the ‘details’ view of the calendar then the blocked days are shown as normal.

Sarah283
Level 2
Radstock, United Kingdom

I am glad it’s not just me! I nearly told someone I had availability when I didn’t! I think if everyone on here reports it as a problem, it may be solved quicker! I find the easiest way to contact them is via twitter! It saves you waiting for ages on the phone and then when you finally speak to someone they just pass it to someone else who just messages you! 

I have the same problem, manually blocked dates are still blocked, but not showing as ‘crossed line or greyed out’ meaning you can’t see them in the Callander. Real pain, it’s a bug all right. Tried deleting the app and reinstalled, but same problem, so needs an update to fix this. If everyone reports it they should fix it. 

I have the same problem. Really annoying. In laptop everything works, but as I move a lot around, it is very good if the app does work correctly.

Another problem what I have had with the app for at least half a year is that most times the app alert does not work. If someone makes a reservation or writes then one of the 5 alert will come thru the app.

Sandra192
Level 2
Bedford, GB

I have noticed the same thing on my Ipad. Its fine on the laptop and phone but very irritating on the ipad as I use this as a preference.

Any help Airbnb?

I am having the same problem on my iPhone. I really need to see my blocked dates so as not to double book. This is very frustrating.

Josie-and-Paul0
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Yup! Same here! The manually blocked dates are blocked but the crossedout line doesn’t appear on the calendar in the app. I have been checking my calendar by logging into Airbnb on safari on my iPhone. The dates are blocked thankfully just a bug in the app not showing the crossed out days

Sue403
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Cynthia I also have a problem with blocked dates not showing on my calendar. Don’t know how to get hold of Airbnb to report this . Surely this must be a widespread problem . Regards Sue , Cape Town 

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Same problem. For me, it started Saturday night. I've never had this problem before, and it sucks. I am also having a problem with the community center pages. They load slowly, and it is very hard to tap on one of the discussions to bring it forward. Please, Airbnb, fix this stuff!

The community center app is also very very slow. No back buttons in the iOS app. Hard to navigate around in it. 

Sarah483
Level 2
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Me too! It’s so frustrating. I’ll email them- if enough of us tell them then they have to acknowledge it surely?