Calendar problems

Answered!
Antonio331
Level 1
New York, NY

Calendar problems

I canceled a guest, and those dates are not available on my calendar. How do I make those dates available? 

1 Best Answer
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Antonio331,

You can not make them available.  Airbnb has a pretty stringent policy regarding hosts cancelling on guests, and it includes penalties.  The penalties include:  blocking those dates for new bookings, making you ineligible for superhost for a year, and occasionally a fine as well.  This policy is primarily to prevent discrimination but also to promote guest confidence that a booking really is a booking.

There are exenuating circumstances which may be forgiven (flood in the building, death in the family..).  Even in these situations, if at all possible, I would recommend calling the company to have them cancel in the future.  This way you avoid the problem to begin with. You can try calling now to explain if there is an extenuating circumstance - they have forgiven the penalties before, but you will need a reason.

Not being on top of your calendar will likely not work..

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Antonio331,

You can not make them available.  Airbnb has a pretty stringent policy regarding hosts cancelling on guests, and it includes penalties.  The penalties include:  blocking those dates for new bookings, making you ineligible for superhost for a year, and occasionally a fine as well.  This policy is primarily to prevent discrimination but also to promote guest confidence that a booking really is a booking.

There are exenuating circumstances which may be forgiven (flood in the building, death in the family..).  Even in these situations, if at all possible, I would recommend calling the company to have them cancel in the future.  This way you avoid the problem to begin with. You can try calling now to explain if there is an extenuating circumstance - they have forgiven the penalties before, but you will need a reason.

Not being on top of your calendar will likely not work..

Good luck!

HIlary and Ed - thank you so much for your thorough response 

how do i book off personal use in december? an error message always comes up

Hello! I can't seem to find a way to reach airbnb regarding blocked dates on my calendar? I would like to have the block removed. Thank you!

Hind8
Level 1
Amman Governorate, Jordan

I cant understant how the calender works , am available from 8 july till 30 august but cant deal with tge calender

Kat50
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I have added a second listing, such that I now have my place listed as an "entire place" for when I'm away...as well as, "private room" for when I am not away.    

On the app, I only seem to get one calendar to show up...which is for the "private room".  

I can't seem to see a calendar for the "entire place" on the phone app. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

MaryKaye0
Level 2
Saranac Lake, NY

My listing is live, the dates show available but when I do an inquiry and choose dates I know are available - they show as not available.  Is anyone else having this issue. Thank you so much.

Emanuel18
Level 2
Mindelo, Cape Verde

My guest spent 2 days in my apartment and decide to book extra more days. Meanwhile, they decided to cancel the extra booking. The system wipes up all record in the calendar. So, I fear the payment through the system may be affected. Need help how to master the situation.

Many thanks

Emanuel Miranda

Ishbell0
Level 2
Oban, United Kingdom

I lowered my price but my own private bookimgs out with airbnb have vanished ???? can i retreive them please and how

Pat321
Level 1
Saint Petersburg, FL

Nothing works for me. All shows unavailable. The calendar is white and nothing available.

How can they be so screwed up and be successful? Plus there is no support. No e-mail answers, ever. No one to contact.

Amazingly stupid.