Can I let another host take over my listing?

Answered!
Emma690
Level 4
Hove, United Kingdom

Can I let another host take over my listing?

Hi

I'm thinking of asking someone else to manage my listing and run my Airbnb holiday let (I am too busy to run it now) but I  have great reviews and superhost status so I don't want them to have to start a new listing for the house.  Can I change my account details on the listiing so that they are the host instead of me?  Or transfer it in another way?  

thanks

Emma

1 Best Answer
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You cannot transfer a listing  to somebody else as it's the host who has the great reviews, not the property. You may be able to add somebody as a co-host if you like, but you're still the host, just with a lot of help, @Emma690. It sounds like you're looking for a clean break, and this isn't it.  

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You cannot transfer a listing  to somebody else as it's the host who has the great reviews, not the property. You may be able to add somebody as a co-host if you like, but you're still the host, just with a lot of help, @Emma690. It sounds like you're looking for a clean break, and this isn't it.  

Thanks @Gordon0,  I didn't think I could do it but just wanted to see if anyone else had managed a way around.  I'm going to ask the new person managing it to start their own listing and they'll have to build up their own reviews.

Carolyn423
Level 1
Lehighton, PA

I am currently the host on our listing, and my husband, Tom, recently retired from teaching, will be taking over running our Quiet Waters Cottage listing. How do I switch "primary ownership" to him? He is currently my co-host. He cannot access the same information I do on his phone app. Could someone from Airbnb please call us to chat in person?

Thanks,
Carolyn**

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

LJ-Hooker-Bribie-Island0
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

I have an owner who wants to take over management of his AirBNB holiday home. How do I go about this. There are a couple of bookings that I am happy to give to him. Regards Chris