Can I move my Airbnb account from being connected to my Google account?

Answered!

Can I move my Airbnb account from being connected to my Google account?

I would like to disconnect my Airbnb account from my Google account as I would like my own separate Airbnb account. However, I originally signed up for my Airbnb through my Google account so I was wondering if there was a way to move it? Each time, I try to log in, Airbnb forces me to sign in using my Google account but I don't want it to anymore while also keeping my reviews/account information intact. Going to the Trust & Verification page in my profile does not work as nothing is connected through that, it's just that my Google account was connected when I initially created the account. Is there a way to remove Google login info as my Airbnb login?

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Christopher515  Here are the full steps.. You need to sign in with Facebook or Google to proceed' dialog:

1) Click on your Profile Picture  -> Settings -> Privacy -> Social Connections -> untick Share my activity

2) Edit profile -> Trust & Verification -> disconnect Facebook or Google

3) Log out

4) Try to Log back in with only your email. If you get the 'You need to sign into Facebook or Google dialog' continue with step (5)

5) Log out if you're logged in. On the login page, click FORGOT PASSWORD. This will send a reset password email - go through that and reset your password. Then login again with your email. No more mandatory Facebook or Google dialog!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Christopher515,

If you haven't already done so, y could try contacting Airbnb support to see if they can help.

For information on ways to contact them type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Christopher515  Here are the full steps.. You need to sign in with Facebook or Google to proceed' dialog:

1) Click on your Profile Picture  -> Settings -> Privacy -> Social Connections -> untick Share my activity

2) Edit profile -> Trust & Verification -> disconnect Facebook or Google

3) Log out

4) Try to Log back in with only your email. If you get the 'You need to sign into Facebook or Google dialog' continue with step (5)

5) Log out if you're logged in. On the login page, click FORGOT PASSWORD. This will send a reset password email - go through that and reset your password. Then login again with your email. No more mandatory Facebook or Google dialog!