Can a new host change his profile photo, ID which used to verify account Airbnb host? What can I do?

Thanh5
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

Can a new host change his profile photo, ID which used to verify account Airbnb host? What can I do?

The situation maybe this. My old uncle has a very nice big house but he doesn't know how to sign up an account airbnb. So that he ask me to create an new accout, use my photo, my ID, my phone number, my email but use his bank account to receive $ from rentals. Then now I have an aparment and I want to have my own account with my photo and ID and email and phone number and my bank account. Can I change the details profile of my uncle 's account which I already used all of my ID information?

Please help and thank you very much.

10 Replies 10
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

If I were in your position, I'd close out the account with your information and then teach/help your uncle to set up his own.

That whole "switching out IDs and profiles" is something I doubt ABB will accept.

Think of all the fraud this could bring about.

Help your uncle do his own and that way he's totally legit!

Good luck!

Thanks for your help Wendy, Iam newbie and really a bit nervous. Anyway, now is there any problem if I use my ID (which already used for my uncle to list his big house and get the $ to his bank credit) to create my new account with my own bank account to list new apartment from me? Please help me and thank you very much.

You won't know until you try, @Thanh5.

Give it a shot.  If it's a problem, ABB will let you know.

Yeah Wendy, that 's it, I'll try. Thank you 😄

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you just change yourself to a co-host on your Uncle's account.

Thanks for your help Helen, Iam newbie and really a bit nervous. Anyway, now is there any problem if I use my ID (which already used for my uncle to list his big house and get the $ to his bank credit) to create my new account with my own bank account to list new apartment from me? Please help me and thank you very much.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Thanh5  You can assist your uncle by setting up the account using all his identification information.  Once the account is set up, you can become a co-host to help him manage the account.  Look into the Help Center about being a co-host.  That should accomplish what you want without setting up an account with your information.  Good luck!

Thank you Linda. Iam reading about being a co-host. And now I concern about this: Is there any problem if I use my ID (which already used for my uncle to list his big house and get the $ to his bank credit) to create my new account with my own bank account to list new apartment from me right now? Please help me and thank you very much.

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

As far as I know you can add multiple bank accounts. In your case, you may add your own bank account to the profile that bears your name. It would be appropriate and to avoid future confusion if you could set up a profile for your uncle and add his own bank account to that Airbnb account. You may remove or add bank account at any time. 

Thank you Hieu, if it 's acceptable and it will be a great idea from you. I'll try. Thank you so much.