Can't access message inbox

Can't access message inbox

This hasn't happened before.  But recently,  we are unable view our messages in our inbox via the Airbnb app. It says there are no messages,  and that the inbox is empty.     Guests have been sending us messages and requests which we can only read and reply via website.  

Has anyone had this issue with the app? 

38 Replies 38

Connie, why all of a sudden do we all have the same problem the glitches from Airbnb and it is forcing Ojos to use Google Chrome? I was told by Airbnb support to switch to Google Chrome I refuse and do not care to wish to use Google Chrome on my laptop. Obviously there's some type of deal between Google and Airbnb to force Airbnb host to use Google Chrome. This glitch is not some coincidence. Airbnb did this on purpose

Mary68
Level 1
Boulder, CO

same issue, I saw suggetions for PC, but I'm on a Mac

Vittavas0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

I also recently have this problem in the past few days. Not sure if the AIRBNB team have been informed of this problem or when will it get fixed. I am having a big problem as I can no longer contact my arriving guests.

How do we get in touch with AIRBNB team to help resolve this issue?

Vittavas0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Just a tip, for those of you that really needs to contact your arriving guests at this time. I switch to use AIRBNB app on SAMSUNG, it seems to work well with the inbox, although a bit inconvenient. To retrieve your previous messages, go to INBOX and just use the SEARCH function, search for your guests name and the earlier messages with the guests will show up.

Hope the problem get fixed soon. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Connie0@Vittavas0@Liz90@Robert-And-Nancy0@Mary68,

Thank you so much for providing extra details on this. 

It is great to hear this is now working for you Connie and it is super useful to hear how you managed to make it work. Thank you.

Based on a few of the comments here in the Community Center, I have a feeling it is related to the browser. Another host @Susan263 in a similar thread, mentioned when using Safari, she realised that it worked properly in the latest version of the browser - so perhaps see if you have any updates waiting, the same if you are using Chrome. (This will also apply the same for both PC and laptop)

Let me know how you get on and if it is still showing incorrectly.

Thanks so much, fingers and toes now crossed. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sara390
Level 1
North Carolina, United States

Having same issues--since the past few weeks. Everything worked fine previously. Airbnb suggested to me to use Chrome. That is not an option. Chrome slowed my Mac down to a crawl and has other issues on my Mac and I removed it. The Airbnb app did not work for accessing my inbox. It had the same problem as in my desktop Mac. If this cannot be resolved. Y Airbnb, I will take down my listing. Does no good to have a listing and then cannot communicate with guests. Even typing this message, has problems! Cannot highlight or delete this extra line of text!   issues on my Mac and I removed it.  

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

Same here, issues with inbox showed up about 2 weeks ago. Cant acces inbox with ipad, or windows pc. Been able to email directly which is fine for instant check in guests who meet criteria. However there is no possible way to use the approve/decline option as in must go through the airbnb inbox that I cannot acces from either system. I have a guest inquiry at this very moment, and I can do nothing to approve him.

An android phone using chrome worked. It might be a an option for a workaround if users can borrow a device?

Mario229
Level 1
Kingston, Jamaica

I CANNOT ACCESS MY MESSAGES. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM AS POSSIBLE CLIENTEL IS BEING LOST. 

Susan525
Level 2
Denver, CO

Yes. It just happened in the app. I switched to travelling then back to hosting and it fixed it.

How do you make that switch? I can t find it on the app. As soon as I open the app the first page that appears is the one for the traveller. 

The bottom of the app shows 4 or 5 icons but none of them helpful.

Michelle147
Level 2
Dallas, TX

In order to use your Inbox messages on desktop. Sign into your Gmail account, go to my account sign-in & security. Scroll to "Apps with access to your account", delete Airbnb. Once Airbnb is deleted you will be able to access your inbox messages. You don't have to be on Google Chrome or allow access to use App or manage account.

i cannot access my messages

Catarina75
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

I have the exact same problem with the app on my phone. Can't even access my calendar. It opens the page of a guest and not the host, me in this case. I have access to my profile but that is it!!!

If I answer and close the message of a request I cannot open it anymore

Catarina75
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

Ok I just called the support center and it is very easy.

Go to your Profile and click on the 5th option "switch to hosting" et voilà.