Can't login via Facebook

Sarah_Steve0
Level 2
Belleville, Canada

Can't login via Facebook

Hi Lizzie -

My husband created his account (and set up our listing) via facebook.  Unfortunately, he logged in using a computer that always kept facebook logged in & was linked to a very old email.  So now, he can't remember his facebook account and he can't access the old email. so we are hosting several guests and not getting paid (because he added me as a co-host but didn't realise he had to set up the payment preference!!!  We are in Toronto and I have searched the site for a phone number but cannot find one - can anyone help????)

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah_Steve0,

Lovely to meet you. 

I hope you don't mind, but as your question was slightly different to the thread you posted it in, so that it doesn't get lost I have made it into a new topic here in the Community Help board. 

If you are unable to log in via Facebook, do you have you password/email address to login to your account directly via the Airbnb website? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie, 

It was actually two (or three) fold problem... the crux of it being there was no published number on the airbnb site itself and the Contact Us link looped back to the main page only.  

The Facebook part of the problem was.... 

1) We hadn't been paid by airbnb in 2 months, despite constant stream of guests so I was trying to find a phone number to reach them. 

2) the account was setup with my husband's facebook but it's an automatic login so he didn't remember the actual password to get in via FB on another device... 

3) There was no way to get into the account to change the password since the FB p/w was linked to a long abandoned email address. And you needed the password in order to change the password... 

**So the lesson learned is that there is NO WAY for Airbnb to payout if you haven't set up the account completely before you go live with the listing.  The BUG from Airbnb's side is that they go ahead and ALLOW you to go live & take guests without the critical (Payout Preference) piece in place... so they were essentially taking all the money in but refused to pay it out because no one could get into the account to set up the banking.  Not an ideal scenario.  

😞

I think when it comes to people's homes and money changing hands, Airbnb needs to be dilligent about being easily accessible to their partners.  I understand the 'simple' questions could eat up resources at the call centre but given the explosive growth, they REALLY need to invest in a support infrastructure for their hosts... when i finally found the number after 25 minutes of searching the community pages, I waited another 40 minutes on hold and then was on the phone with the very excellent Tony for 2.5 hours.  With very limited resolution.