Can we have the guidebook linked from one listing to another?

Valerie283
Level 3
Katoomba, Australia

Can we have the guidebook linked from one listing to another?

At the moment it seems we have to manually repeat the guidebook whatever we have done on one listing for another.  There would be a lot of work.  We wish there would be some way easier than copy and paste.

9 Replies 9
Mario-and-Cata0
Level 4
Medellín, Colombia

Hi @Valerie283

If you haven't created the listing, you can duplicate it and it will copy all the information, including the guidebook.

If you have the other listing already, it seems you do have to copy it manually 😞

We did have the guidebook done before the second listing was created.

We did the second listing and found the guidebook was not propagated.

How is it supposed to happen?

@Valerie283 when you created the second listing, did you use the "Duplicate" menu item for the listing?

No, we didn't know such feature existed, let alone not know where such option was.

Could you shed some light where the option could be?

@Valerie283, if you have multiple listings, I imagine you have the Multi-Calendar?

The "Duplicate" option is found here:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 12.45.14 AM.png

Thanks!

Good on you!

I might redo it by trying the duplicate.

@Matthew285

We've just tried and duplicated the listing which has the guidebook propagated.

We just couldn't find in the newly-duplicated listing the guidebook duplicated as well for sure.

We also found we still have to go through every one of them to check not to mentioned they are not pre-filled.

We also found texts of other language is not duplicated either.

So the the function of duplicating the listing is not doing a good job.

@Valerie283 thank you for coming back here and reporting about the "Duplicate" function.

I have never had the chance to use it, so I did not realize it had the shortcomings you have outlined.

I wonder where hosts should report their experience with this type of thing, and request improvements...

Does anyone know?

Thanks for your comment @Matthew285.