Cancellation policy & guest review

Bouakham-and-Henri0
Level 2
Louangphrabang (Luang Prabang), Laos

Cancellation policy & guest review

Hi,

I have a guest with a booking made 3 weeks before arrival and then guest ask me to cancel 4 days before arrival. The cancellation policy is setup strict. So, the guest just loose all (in my case $39, not a big deal).

Now, the host is upset and send me stupid message, that I stole her and i am a bad person, blablabla... She did not cancel and just don't show up. So obviously she will give me a bad review and I work hard to ensure every body is happy and so I can get my super host status.

What should I do to avoid a review of a guest who did not show up, is upset and want a refund?

Thanks for your advice.

Henri

18 Replies 18
Bouakham-and-Henri0
Level 2

David,

She already leave a review, and she should not be able to do so because she did not stay with us. You cannot see her review because I did not write mine yet.

So I should just call to the nearest airbnb office?

Until you know what ot says you have nothing to say, people have 'reviewed' me who did not stay, said something on the lines of could not stay at the last moment.

'Review' and see what she says and take it from there.

David
Bouakham-and-Henri0
Level 2

Hi David,

Here you go. She rated me the worst way possible with one star on each parameters...

So now, that i have to take if from there... what do you think?

Profile Picture

Here’s what Elena wrote

“The owner of the place is repulsive. Not helpful what so ever. Just here to make money off people. ”

Seems easier to get a review removed when somebody goes over the top like this.

The way to work the system if you are that way inclined would be to make some general comment with the one star and ABB would probably not take it down.

So doing this she has given you a chance, I would contact ABB and ask them to take it down as it breaches ABB policy and she never stayed with you.

If they do not then add a reply assuming you can that she was a no show and never stayed with you.

David