Charged but no booking

Hannah84
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Charged but no booking

Hello I just tried to make a booking and it didn't go through it said there was an error on Airbnb and to try again. However when I tired again my credit card got declined because Airbnb had taken the payment the first time and I didn't have enough funds in my credit card.

Can someone at Airbnb look into this for me and either send my money back or send me the confirmation of the place I was trying to book if it has been booked?

Thanks, Hannah

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Hannah84  This is just a forum with other hosts helping each other.  You'll want to Contact Airbnb directly in order to get this figured out.

Federico-Matteo0
Level 1
Pula, Croatia

The same happened to me! Please if you find a contact or resolution, let me know. 

call airbnb.  you can find their customer service number for your country by searching on line for "getaperson" dot com or just the phrase "airbnb customer service number".  There is probably a phone number on your itenerary online.  Look there?

Federico-Matteo0
Level 1
Pula, Croatia

I have managed to resolve my situation. I tried calling, I ended up calling Germany and since they didn't have any German speaking support they rediredcted me to an English speaking agent (have no idea which country). They then sent me an email and we continued talking via email. The address they contacted me from is:

response@airbnb.com

but I'm not sure it can be used to make first contact. Anyways, seems like they made a mistake, promised to refund me completely and gave me a coupon for my next reservation. I have no idea how long will it take for them to refund me, I had to grab extra funds and I just booked the place again. This time it worked.

Hope this helps