Check in does not work

Answered!
Victoria396
Level 2
СПБ, RU

Check in does not work

Please return a very useful function. Send instructions for finding an apartment to guests. This is a very useful feature that helps guests quickly find an apartment. Saves time searching for accommodation and calls with the owner. Especially if the guest has international calls when roaming! Thanks to the photo instructions, my guests 100 % quickly find an apartment themselvephoto_2019-12-17_19-57-53.jpg

1 Best Answer
Kevin1291
Level 2
Timaru, New Zealand

I agree , PLEASE restore the function highlighted.  Very handy tool for sending guest check in information . Also please restore the Archive function on the App, for removing guest messages following their stay . Both were excellent functions as I mainly use my app as I travel a lot . 
Cmon Airbnb , look after your members please

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Kevin1291
Level 2
Timaru, New Zealand

I agree , PLEASE restore the function highlighted.  Very handy tool for sending guest check in information . Also please restore the Archive function on the App, for removing guest messages following their stay . Both were excellent functions as I mainly use my app as I travel a lot . 
Cmon Airbnb , look after your members please

Hugo639
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Totally agree. If Airbnb are going to have a message in the hosting section saying that says check-in details will be shared with guests then it’s really frustrating when they don’t do this. I’m a brand new host and this made me look like an idiot with my first guests this week. 

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

Just checked and it's still there.Screenshot_20191217_212543_com.airbnb.android.jpg

Kay170
Level 2
Fareham, GB

I no longer have this function, and have had a guest that I sent check in instructions to (by copying and pasting from when this function was available) getting a message back from AirBNB saying that they do not have access to this until 3 days before their stay - even though I have sent it to them.

I wish my guests to have information to help them plan their stay and don’t understand why the link has gone and why they won’t let my guests access this.

Tatum2
Level 2
Greenville, SC

I agree 100% I used this function everyday. I host more than one listing and I have now confused not only myself but my poor guest be copying and pasting from older messages.. I need this function to return ASAP!!!

AIRBNB 

PLEASE bring back the quick link for check in instructions. It was very helpful and made the process of managing multiple listings much smoother. If this feature doesn't return I will be looking into VRBO. Thank you

I agree 100%. I spent a lot of time with Airbnb on the phone over this issue. They finally said that it was taken away for security reasons. The problem is they didn’t tell us about the change. The other problem is that the check in instructions were not going out automatically. Then they said that it depended on whether the person was using the app or the site. So you had to have  check-in instructions both on the app and the site. But they said they should be going out automatically. In my case they weren’t always.

However there are mixed messages because on the site it says to “begin the check in process” and it also says the check in instructions “will be sent out automatically.” So which is it?

Anyway this is totally bonkers and inconsistent, and I wish they would fix this whole experience for hosts and for guests.

Lee237
Level 2
Doncaster, United Kingdom

HI Community 

Has anyone managed to get an update on this issue please ?

Like @Tatum2  i have had to copy and paste from previous messages for the cheki n instructions to new guests.I am just about to add a second listing onto Airbnb and i am unsure how i will be able to instruct new guests to check in without this feature 😞