Cleaning Fee Not Charged

Tres-Ninas0
Level 1
Tennessee, United States

Cleaning Fee Not Charged

Hello!  A guest has checked in and I printed the confirmation for my records.  I noticed that the cleaning fee wasn't listed in the payout.  All of my previous guests, the confirmation had a line for cleaning fee and amount.  I went back and double checked my settings and they seem to be correct.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I am baffled.  

21 Replies 21
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Was it by any chance a special offer ?  If so the offer must include the cleaning fee.

The only thing different is that after the reservation was made he decided to come in a day early so the reservation was changed.  But the price per night was still the same.  We didn't offer anything different to him.  

Then it must be a system glitch (again).

Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but do you know if there is anything I can do about it so it wont happen again? 

Sorry, there is not much your fellow hosts can do about technical glitches.  The best you can do is notify airbnb so that they become aware and can eventually fix.

I had this same thing happen to me. I altered the dates for a reservation and when I saw the payout, the cleaning fee was removed. Is there a way to contact airbnb about rectifying this?

Hi, the same thing just happened to me! I had a guest book, then she decided to stay for an extra night so I adjusted the reservation for her. Just noticed the cleaning fee wasn't charged? How do we resolve? I feel bad going back to the guest now. If this is an Airbnb glitch, then shouldn't the company reimburse?

I just discovered this as well!

Katie88
Level 4
Asheville, NC

Happened to me too.  No changes were made to the reservation and it wasn't a special offer, just had no cleaning fee attached.  The next guest had the cleaning fee.  The one before this guest also had a cleaning fee.  I also don't feel comfortable going to the guest to ask for it after they've booked.  I've sent messages to Airbnb to fix problems in the past and they've been very helpful and responsive.  It just takes a bit of digging to find the place where you can email a real person.

Lorna29
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi there

I am having the same issue - where on earthe do i start in trying to contact a real person?

thanks

Lorna

Go to the help center and look at the column of options on the left side of the screen.  At the bottom is "contact us."  That takes me to a screen where my last trip was and asks to contact the host directly.  At the bottom of that is "the host wasn't able to answer my question." Click that and you'll be taken through menus of options, but there probably won't be anything specifically on cleaning fees.  Choose the options closest and keep selecting things from the drop down menu until you get to a box where you can write a message and send an email to Airbnb staff.

I've had problems with a guest booking my space and later on my cleaning fees not being charged and I sent a messages this way both times.  Airbnb tried to call me first.  I wasn't able to pick up and they didn't leave a voice message.  When I called the number back, I was immediately on hold.  After 5 minutes of waiting I gave up.  When they couldn't reach me over the phone, I got fairly prompt email responses, either next day or after a couple of days and the problems were fixed immediately.  Hope this helps.

Katie88
Level 4
Asheville, NC

Just happened a second time.  I have a cleaning fee for my listing.  This is twice it's not appeared on a guest's first request. No special offers, no changes.  It just wasn't there.

The same thing is happening to me.  My cleaning fee is 90 and Airbnb is charging 10, which is my additional guest fee.  Does anyone know how to contact them?  Because I never get a customer service response

Getting to their contact section is not easy.  Log in on a computer and go to the help center.  At the bottom left click on "resolve an issue." For me, it goes to the last place I stayed to try to resolve with that host, but it doesn't matter what appears on that screen, click below where it says "my question is about something else."  You'll get a menu of options to choose from.  You won't find your particular problem there, but pick which ever seems closest to your problem.  I think I went with payout.  They will try again to give you some options where you can read more, look at the bottom of the screen again and click "I still need help."  At that point you should finally be able to send an email.

I sent a message for this cleaning fee problem and Airbnb tried to call me twice.  I wasn't able to pick up and they didn't leave a message.  When I called the number back, I was immeditaly on hold.  After 5 minutes of waiting I gave up.

For what it's worth, I had a glitch with booking a guest in the past.  I sent them a message and got a prompt email response and the problem was fixed.  Haven't had the same luck this time.