Cleaning

Shelley29
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Cleaning

Hi,

I'm new and I have a silly question to ask. I have my first guest arriving tomorrow (I still don't feel quite ready). They have booked for 38 nights, how regular do I change the bedding? Weekly on a pre arranged day?

Thanks you for answering,

Shelley

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest weekly on a pre-arranged day/time slot.

Mary95
Level 2
Indio, CA

I offer to "refresh" the accommodation per their preference but arrange to clean, change linens, etc every Wednesday - MidWeek as that seems to work best for mist guests.
Shelley29
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thank you both for your replies.

Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

For guests who stay for longer that I week I offer a weekly cleaning and refreshing. I usually do it on the day they checked-in ie. if they checked in on Monday then every Monday. In the end, it's for your own benefit to keep an eye on the rented space and make sure it's always clean. I would recommend you to limit the maximum night to 7 as a new host. While you get the hang of things and because suddenly sharing your space for a very long time might take some adjustment. Good luck with this first booking! Use this forum as much as you need to go through your first long booking. 🙂

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

Talk to your guest about this and find out what THEY would like. When I host long term (30+ nights) I offer to have my housekeeping service come in and clean at the guest request (no charge) otherwise the place is their secure, private home and I stay OUT. For guests in my shared house guestroom I offer to launder their sheets and give them fresh towels when they ask. I stay OUT of their space. 

Kb2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Once a week sounds reasonable.  

For longer stays, and if they like to be private and not have someone entering their room, I let them use the washing machine and provide washing powder (or they get their own).  It's essential to ensure that they know how to use the machine or you can supervise them while they select the programme.

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Shelley29, I strongly recommend that - as a new host - you read carefully through the links in this URL in order to become familiar with how AirBnB works.

Essential reading for hosts.

Also contains a link with several international phone numbers (‘Contact AirBnB’).

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#U23100

Make sure as well that you have a clear and firm set of House Rules placed in the room. This will help avoid any misunderstanding about what behaviour is expected from the guest and what is offered by you as host.

I note that your current House Rules are fairly minimal. You might want to beef them up for the next guest. 

I'd also suggest you not use Instant Book until you have a few hosting experiences behind you. It's important to have a clear idea about what sort of person is asking to be accommodated, especially if it's for a long term.