Compensation

Kamar0
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Compensation

I had a guest stay at my place and during her stay an air conditioning unit had broken in a bedroom in which her colleague occupied. Now I had provided a fan as urgently as possible for that room and there were even other rooms which had operative air conditioning units. I got zero complaints from the guest during her stay.  One week later she had gotten a hold of airbnb requesting to be compensated for the issue. My case manager said $100 a piece should be fine.. So I called airbnb and vented stating the guest nor her colleague was in no way inconvienced and no compliants were made during their stay. And... I truly feel the guest is being vindictive for a charged I had given her for an additional guest she had sleep over without advising me while on her stay.. So my question is.. Do you think the guest should be compensated any at all?

Look forward to the responses

1 Reply 1

Not having Airconditioning in one room should warrant some refund - it was broken and didn't get repaired while they were there.  How much that should be would be based on how many nights they didn't have it from my perspective.