Decreasing popularity of my apartments

Cihan1
Level 2
Kiev, Ukraine

Decreasing popularity of my apartments

Hi Friends,

I am getting less reservation lately and dont understand why. 

Price is ok, and did not change any setting but losing popularity. I have checked occupancy of booking aroud the city and its ok.

Do you have any suggestion to get more reservation ? 

Thank you

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Cihan1  I am unable to see the listing on your profile.  If you are the co-host, you need to add the URL for any host to see the listing.

I am sorry i forgot it. I am controling my friends apartments. Here is the link 

https://www.airbnb.com/users/42984407/listings

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Cihan1  I see that there are 5 listings.  Are all of them having the same problem?  How does the competition seem?  Are the significantly more listings?  Many hosts have posted the same issue and usually a well managed listing suffers from the cheaper not so good new listings.  More new guests are looking for a bargain and may not understand what is important until that have more experiences.

I did notice that there were large discrepancies between your base price and the date specific price.  This may be problematic for some travelers.  You might want to look into that.

Hi @Linda108 ,

I am sorry for late answer. I was away from Kiev.

Yes all of them are having the same problem. I have no idea how does the competition seem. Is there any way to check it ?

Also will It be an effect if change discrepancies between my base price and the date specific price ? 

@Cihan1  The easiest way to check competition is to go to the Air BNB home search and select criteria that are similar to your listings with a price range that include your high and low prices.  Look at pricing without dates.  That will give you base price information.  See how your listings compare.

I don't know if you have ever searched as a traveler yourself, but many travelers search without dates first to get general base price view of what is in a particular area.  Then they select promising listings and enter dates or save to a wish list.  When there is a large discrepancy between the base price and the date price, that creates a negative impression and may result in the traveler rejecting your listing.  In the US we have a saying called "bait and switch" when something is advertised low, but only the higher price is available.  I try to keep my base price within 10% of my calendar price.  Hope this helps.