Default minimum stay.

Justin552
Level 1
Bend, OR

Default minimum stay.

I posted my listing yesterday with default minimum stay set for 10-days and advance notice set to 7 days.  Immediately got a 3 day booking (which I had to cancel) plus a request for a stay tomorrow (which I had to decline).

What am I missing?  Are these settings just advisory? 

Listing is on snooze until I can get this sorted out.  It all seems so straightforward but if it doesn't actually work?!?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Justin552 

You probably made a mistake (Did yoo save the settings ? )

Otherwise contact Airbnb. Starting hosting with a cancellation message as first "review" is not a good start. Also turn of Instant Book until everything is working as expected (to prevent for more cancellations).

Simulate some bookings on your own listing to check everything works OK. We can do it also, but not when listing is not active.

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Justin552
Level 1
Bend, OR

Thanks for responding.

No mistake on my part... triple checked it.  I logged a support ticket which has been escalated but not resolved.  At this point my listing setup correctly shows a 10 day minimum as it always has, but my trial bookings allow any length of booking and have "1 day minimum" above the date picker calendar.

I also asked the support tech to do something about the "1 booking - 1 cancellation" demerit since this issue is obviously related to a system glitch.

Will definitely keep instant booking off at least until this issue is resolved, if not forever.

Thanks again.    jr

Nicholas96
Level 3
Swakopmund, Namibia

Our minimum stay settings are set at 2 days.  A guest booked 3 days which we confirmed. They later decided to change their reservation. We didn't think anything of it as some guests change their minds from time to time.  When we looked more closely, they had requested to stay only for one night.  The AirBnB system did not validate the change against the rules.  The guest is now also ignoring our messages.