Delayed payouts - anyone else having this issue?

Delayed payouts - anyone else having this issue?

This seems to happen to me every 3-6 months, but my latest payout for a check-in on 5/24 did not process.  I received an email on 5/25 saying the payout process (as it normally does 24 hours after check-in), but the payment still shows in my upcoming payments.

I reached out to support, and they won't respond other than to say give it a few more days.  Are others experiencing this?  Like I said, it happens every 3-6 months with my account, and the support people always blame it on "backend upgrades" but I can't find any evidence that others have the same issue.  I just don't think it's reasonable that I should have to wait a week for my payout when Airbnb collects this money upfront and earns interest on it until they pay the hosts.

Does anyone have a better way to get support to process these delayed payments?  It has now been 72 hours since check in, and I have no idea when I'm going to get paid for this stay.

37 Replies 37

Just an update. Airbnb confirmed this morning their backend system is messed up again. 🙄 

They said all hosts are not receiving payouts from 5/24 on, but that it would fixed sometime next week. This certainly seems like a breach of responsibility for Airbnb to not being paying hosts for their properties. Thankfully, I can handle delaying $2k worth of payments for a couple of weeks, but not all hosts can. Really poor showing by Airbnb IT. 

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

I just found this and yes it happened to me too. It’s not ok, because I handle property for others not just myself and I pay my clients on the 1st.

my arrivals from last Sunday which should have paid out on May 24 total over 6,000 and it’s 6 days later and that batch hasn’t been paid out. It’s finally showing in upcoming payouts but I don’t know if it will be in the bank before the 1st. 

This makes it look like I’m keeping my clients from their money. When a stay has been completed and I can’t pay my clients for it then I look bad!!!! And I agree it’s a periodic “glitch” that happens too often.

I haven't received payment, also.

Even if I have received email from Airbnb "Payout of €xx was sent", payout for this reservation still stands in "Pending Payouts". 

Of course it is not possible to find any costumer support contact - email address - and there is no Airbnb's  phone number for Croatia. 

Should I cancel all future reservation and start to work with boo...g..om?

Are there any costumer support email address which I can use to ask for a help.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mary419 I've checked with Customer Support, but unfortunately you don't seem to have an open ticket with them regarding this. May I please ask you to contact them so they can look into it? 

Many thanks

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Lee353   My check-in from May 24th has not paid out either.  I got the email on May 25th, as usual, (which says the payment should arrive in my account by May 31st), but the transaction still showed under "upcoming payouts" as of yesterday, with a status of "pending". 

This morning, it shows up under "completed payouts" with a status of "processing", and a date of May 25th. 

It does look like some changes happened with the website over the weekend.   Being that it's a long weekend, in the US, I'll see if the payment hits the bank tomorrow. 

@Nick @Stephanie    Could you guys have a look into this, please, and let us know if it is random, or a system issue ?  Thank you !

check in was 25th, email was 26th. Still under "Pending Payouts"

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for tagging me here @Michelle53 and I'm sorry to see you are experiencing this issue along with @Lee353 @Robert906 @Mary419 

I have sent all the information each and everyone provided here to the Customer Support team and waiting for an update. I Will let you know as soon as I have any new information from the team.

In the meantime, please keep updating the thread if there is any development from your side.

Thank you all for your patience on this.

@Nick @Lee353 @Robert906 @Mary419 

My payment arrived at my bank this morning, June 1st.  

@Nick  My 5/25 payment finally came through today, but I still have another $3800 in payouts since 5/24 that still haven't processed.  I assume the issue is fixed but there's a delay for all the payouts between then and now?

@Nick do you have any updates here?  The 5/25 payment cleared, but I still have 4 more payments (from 5/25-6/1 check-ins) of almost $4k that I received emails stating the payout was sent yesterday, but they're still listed under Upcoming Payouts...

Someone really should help hosts out if this is going to continue to be an issue.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lee353 and thank you for all the extra information. I've just sent you a DM regarding this. 

Cindy1017
Level 1
Farmland, IN

Airbnb also has kept my payout from this past weekend.  They state it is a bug,  Funny there is never a bug when taking money from people.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing delays in your payments @Cindy1017 @Jennie44 

Could you please confirm if you have talked to Customer Support about this? They do need to have an open case for me to be able to provide them with the information you share on the Community Centre. 

If not, could I please ask you to, so that they can work on this? I'm also linking you to a guide on how to contact the team. To view it please click here

Thank you

Jennie44
Level 2
Des Moines, IA

@Nick @Stephanie   Same thing happening with me. I have two listed as pending, one from the 28th and one from the 30th. No movement, and usually I'm paid the next day. Except for a bad period last summer, I'm always paid super promptly, so this blows, and I have a large payout next week that cannot be delayed like this. Help!