Level 1
Christina Lake, CA

Demanding

How to deal with demanding clients? 

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Can’t really offer any advice as you haven’t provided any information on which way/s you feel she is being demanding @Lindsay292 

Lindsay292
Level 1
Christina Lake, CA

never mentioned that my clients are demanding.  never had had any problems.

Just asking if I happen to run into demanding clients in the future. Demanding as in asking for things etc.  

Lindsay 

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

Demanding things not included in your listing? Just say no. And if they have a problem with that tell them to contact Airbnb.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lindsay292  "I'm so sorry, but we don't provide that, as is evident in our listing description." "No, that is not in our amenities list." "As I'm sure you read in our listing description, we don't offer washing machine usage. There's a good laundromat just down the street."  "If you required AC, it would have been a good idea to book a listing that says they actually have AC."

Thanks Sarah977. I am fairly new to listing a place. This is handy to know. 

@Lindsay292 It's also helpful when exchanging pre-booking or booking messages with guests to ascertain whether they have fully read your listing description, including the amenities you offer and the house rules. Many hosts will mention a few of the most important points, and you can often tell from the answer if the guests have paid attention to what you've written in your ad, or just looked at the pretty pictures and the price. It can ward off guests arriving and expecting something other than what you offer.

In my case, I might write- "Just want to make sure you read that it's a 20 minute walk from my place to town and the beach and also that I have a dog and a cat?"

Natalie725
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

For the first couple of requests I am polite, offer the advice and say something along the lines of "hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else." If the demands start to get ridiculous, I will reply with a blunt answer to the question and nothing else. If they are asking me for some kind of favour I also can't do, I will politely decline and offer an alternative suggestion.

Erica266
Level 5
Ushuaia, Argentina

I´m dealing with that right now the family is great but they are very demanding, small things, but is starting to pile up and i´m feeling over used, also i don´t know what to do with the review cause technically they have not "broken" any rule, they are clean and polite, but how i left a review saying that they ask for too much?