Deposit

Fiona469
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Deposit

Hi, as a host can I request a minimum non refundable deposit or for half to be paid on confirming booking? I can’t see a link to do this on my account? Thanks in advance 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Fiona469  No, that's not how Airbnb works. You can list a security deposit, but that is actually not taken from the guest- it is only there as a warning that that amount could be charged if the guest causes damages.

If you are talking about a deposit for the booking charge itself, you can choose from any of Airbnb's cancellation policies- I suggest you read all the information about those in the Help section of the Airbnb site. As far as how much a guest pays up front when they book, Airbnb gives some guests the option of paying half up-front when they book, and the other half several days before check-in, or else they pay the entire amount when they book. But a host has no control over that.

And Airbnb holds the funds until 24 hours after a guest checks in, then releases it to the host.

Fiona469
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 That’s really helpful, thanks for that!

Ron5657
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hello ABB,

I read that I could add a deposit but I notice on my pre-approval" the deposit was not added to the reservation even after I added it to "additional charges" on the property. How do I charge that? VRBO is much easier to do this.

Any ideas?