Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Discrimination

Discrimination

I have to say I have never in my life been so offended.  I have yet to even rent through Airbnb and I recently went on to search for something and my account was locked.  I tried to get it to unlock and they asked for my ID photo.  I sent it and then I got this horrible letter and now they wont respond back.  How is it possible that they can block me when I have never even rented?  I am not a criminal, nor have I ever been arrested or have even a parking ticket.  I have a high powered career, am educated and have a family.  This is not only insulting but  leads me to believe they are discrimiating somehow.  I am trying to speak to someone and dont want to take this to an attorney but with them not responding and blocking me I feel that I need to.  Whow writes something like this to anyone let alone someone who has never even used their service.  Just trying to get someone on the customer service side to call me and explain this action.  Going to post everywhere until someone calls me back.  Completely unacceptable.

Letter from Airbnb

Thanks for reaching out. We regret to inform you that we'll be unable to support your account moving forward, and have exercised our discretion under our Terms of Service to disable your account(s). This decision is irreversible and will affect any duplicated or future accounts.

Please understand that we are not obligated to provide an explanation for the action taken against your account. Furthermore, we are not liable to you in any way with respect to disabling or canceling your account. Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with respect to such matters, and this decision will not be reversed.

We'll contact you if anything changes in the future, but until then, we won't be able to assist you any further with your account issues. Please see our Help Center for further information:

4 Replies 4

@Sherri0 - the Community Forums are used by hosts and guests - Airbnb isn't monitoring here.  Is there a reason you haven't posted a picture on your Community Profile?  

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Sherri

Would not a full face photo and government verified ID such a passport or a driving liscence plus a verified bank account and credit card, not help your application?

Hi

This came to my email, but I am not the Sherri who wrote the first post.  

Sherri Davison

Superhost

Bend, Oregon

@Sherri0  The tagging functions not been working right for a few weeks. That probably how you got tagged.