Downloading transactions in CSV format

Gaby6
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Downloading transactions in CSV format

Getting the transactions in a csv file format seems quite easy.  But when I upload the file to Excel, the dates are a mixed format - some US and some UK.  Some dates are also not 'date' format - but text that looks like a date.  This is really frustrating when trying to organise my transaction data for tax purposes.  I need all dates in UK date formate (DD/MM/YYYY)

Please help.

15 Replies 15
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gaby6 

I assume you download them all for airbnb.co.uk (not airbnb.com) ?

Maybe sent Airbnb feedback about this issue: Airbnb Feedback 

Allthough spreadsheets can convert a date format into another date format, it should not be nessecary.

Best regards,

Emiel

Gaby6
Level 2

Thank you @Emiel0 

Yes - I am working within Airbnb.co.uk

Cheers

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You should be able to highlight that entire column in Excel, @Gaby6 , by clicking on the top cell, then format it to the date format you prefer. 

There are some incompatibilities between CSV and Excel, but they are fixable. 

Gaby6
Level 2

Hi Lauren

Thank you.  I have tried that, but as I say - the dates are a mix of formats - only some numeric, others are interpreted as text.  Selecting the latter and using 'format/cell/date' does nothing with them.  My question is why are the dates come in multiple formats in the first place?  It's not logical.  If a date is presented as 4/Sep/18 it is seen as text, though it is at least a UK format. Others are 04/25/18 - US format, but it is at least seen as numeric, so I am able to change this format at least.  Any other suggestions?  

Nicholas445
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gaby6- did you find a solution for this? Really frutrating!

Raphael240
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi Did you find the solution , i have the same problem it's very frustrating ...

thanks

Raphael240
Level 1
San Diego, CA

airbnb transaction history csv  issue.png

Nicholas445
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi - Did anyone else solve this problem? 

Nicholas445
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

worked for me - Thank you!

Val4449
Level 2
Wellesbourne, United Kingdom

@Nicholas445 worked for me too.  Thanks.

Clive42
Level 1
St Leonards, Australia

I didn't find that this worked for me. The fix I used was to open the CSV file in Google Sheets. I then exported the file as an excel file and opened it and the dates were still in the US format but all the same format and easily converted to the English date format using the format command in excel.

Lulu89
Level 2
Redwood Valley, New Zealand

I am working on Apple MacBook Air using numbers and am in NZ.  All my settings are for english.  When I take the file I cannot change the date from American style to English.  Has anybody who uses Apple and Numbers been able to do this.  I know how you should be able to do it but it doesn't work, I need to know somebody that has been succesfull in doing this please, if you could help.

Chris194
Level 2
Kyoto, Japan

I tried both suggestions above and neither worked for me. 😞

This problem has existed with Airbnb CSV exports for ages. I REALLY hope they fix this!!